Stay away from Cars and Coffee in Malbu ca .. heavy sheriff enforcement it seems

Started by wayne petty, October 28, 2021, 09:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

Just watching the news..

this popped up..

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/malibu-car-events-make-some-local-officials-want-to-switch-gears/

if any of you have ever dealt with LA County Sheriff deputies.. they are going to impound every car there..

just thought i would share the heads up..

i let some of my friends who go there regularly already..

in reality its probably NOT safe to drive thru Malibu in a classic or exotic car without getting pulled over  and having your car impounded..

i was on Van Nuys blvd the last night of cruising.. decades ago.. i was at the last Thursday night crenshaw shopping center gathering about the same time.

over the early 80s.. i probably fixed half a dozen cars in the parking lot of Tommy burgers in van nuys across from the busch beer plant at 2 or 3 o clock saturday or sunday mornings..

things just got out of control.. with youngsters with crazy driving.. and booming car stereos..

enjenjo

Most of these venues get more popular to the point it kills them. IDIDIT had a similar problem in Tecumseh Mi. Several people lost control of cars leaving the show, some of them very nice cars, until the cops had to crack down.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

S. Ontario Canada..things got WAAAY outta hand here. The cops were finding cars with pails of various chemicals in their trunks to soften the asphalt. After 1 pretty ludicrous night..in their escape..they set fire to the road surface in various places/
   Cops hands were pretty tied..private property. All they could do was wait for them to leave the private property..then  nail them with equipment violations.
   Private property owners..probablly talking with their lawyers re liability..gave the cops permission to come onto private property.AND they started laying serious Highway Traffic Act (HTA) for offences on PRIVATE PROPERTY. I dunno if this will stand up in court or to any Charter (Of Rights) challenges.
   I guess there will have to be some serious discretion in laying charges. Private property..malls/parking lots..USED to be PRIVATE. Almost sacred. When the owner of the property KNOWS that it is just a matter of time  before some idjit wipes out innocent people on their property AND what was the owner doing about that? Lawsuit time.

The cops up here say they have had enough of this nonsense..and pretty much ANYTHING you can't do on the road..you do it on private property where the owner has given the cops permission to deal with this....and they are coming in to lay the same charges (you get on the road)

123pugsy

Quote from: Arnold on October 28, 2021, 11:07:20 PM
S. Ontario Canada..things got WAAAY outta hand here. The cops were finding cars with pails of various chemicals in their trunks to soften the asphalt. After 1 pretty ludicrous night..in their escape..they set fire to the road surface in various places/
   Cops hands were pretty tied..private property. All they could do was wait for them to leave the private property..then  nail them with equipment violations.
   Private property owners..probablly talking with their lawyers re liability..gave the cops permission to come onto private property.AND they started laying serious Highway Traffic Act (HTA) for offences on PRIVATE PROPERTY. I dunno if this will stand up in court or to any Charter (Of Rights) challenges.
   I guess there will have to be some serious discretion in laying charges. Private property..malls/parking lots..USED to be PRIVATE. Almost sacred. When the owner of the property KNOWS that it is just a matter of time  before some idjit wipes out innocent people on their property AND what was the owner doing about that? Lawsuit time.

The cops up here say they have had enough of this nonsense..and pretty much ANYTHING you can't do on the road..you do it on private property where the owner has given the cops permission to deal with this....and they are coming in to lay the same charges (you get on the road)

Ontario here as well. Thank gawd the idiots are not around here. We still gather in parking lots, unorganized, and the cops cruise thru to admire the cars. They don't hang and pull guys over either.