Progress on the 48

Started by 48builder, December 01, 2022, 07:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Making some good progress on the 48. Been working on the fuel, AC, Heater and steering lines. Bought a Dorman tool to make it easier to put the fittings on Nylon line. Got the AAC condenser mounted and most of the lines run. Once I figure out where everything is going to fit I'll index the fittings on the AC and heater lines and get them crimped. One of the hardest things is remembering what my plans were when I first did a lot of the planning 20 years ago.

Got the rear swing-out window working on the drivers side. Have to make some minor adjustments to get it perfect once I get doctor's approval to start welding again. That should happen on the 20th.

Enjenjo, you sold me a kit to run wires into my doors many years ago. I can only find one of the rubber things the wires run through. Do you remember who made that so I can try to round up the missing piece?
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Post a picture and I'll see if I recognize it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Very good. On job at a time, right?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

48builder

Here it is. The other one is probably around somewhere but if it doesn't turn up I'd like to be able to find another one.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

I can't give you a source but they are door wiring bellows out of a car or van. I believe I got them from ball's Rod and Custom, but they don't carry them any more. Here is something similar  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=door+wiring+bellows&_sacat=0
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Thanks. Hopefully they turn up as I go through the big box with the original Z28 harness in it. One of my next tasks is putting it back in the car. I had the entire harness in the car at one time but took it back out to do the finish body work. Wish I had taken more pictures then.
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

I found it. I had run some of the door wiring through it to see if they would all fit and I left it that way. I remember now that I was going to have to take some connectors off and run the wires through, then put them back in the connectors. Luckily I decided to not use power mirrors and not put speakers in the doors so now everything will fit.
'39 Chevy driver