'32 question

Started by muncie, July 01, 2007, 07:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muncie

Trying to sand mold marks on this new '32, Do I need to put putty
on the sanded area before primer. Thanks for any help.

Charlie Chops 1940

I would primer first, sand, then spot putty as needed. Go over the body with wax and grease remover to get any mold release agent off the body before sanding. They are usually pretty clean by the time you get the body but it's good insurance to get stuff to stick.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jusjunk

Id suggest like charlie said wax and grease remover then block the whole body with 80 grit  first then filler or spot putty but you can do hi fill primer first
Dave

Topsterguy

The body on my roadster is a Wescott, and my body / paint guy told me that he grinds small "troughs" in the mold marks then fills them with a resin mixture, then sands them and tops it off with filler before the final sanding. He said that if it's not done right after awhile in the sun the seams sink a bit and are noticable. Don't know if it's right or whatever, but mines been on the road for 10 years and you can't see any seams. :wink:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"