A link to Hooley's B'ville story since ......

Started by 1FATGMC, August 30, 2004, 01:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

I accidently deleted the post about his 207 mph run while editing it.

So, unless Fatcat can restore it here is a link to the story that was in the old post.  Also this has more text in it and also River1's pictures and some new neat pictures that Sodbuster took.

Hooley's 207 mph B'ville
Experience

c ya, Sum

river1

Quote from: "1FATGMC"some new neat pictures that Sodbuster took.

Hooley's 207 mph B'ville
Experience

c ya, Sum

very COOL shot of the shute pop chris

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

sodbuster

Here is a link to the story on the HAMB. I just copy/paste-ed from the orginal post that you seem to have deleted. I will get some more pix emailed to you in the next couple of days.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

River,
Yea, I shot the last pass in super high res. with my camera and the pix turned out real good. I have a couple more that are in sequence.

sirstude

Sum, or anyone else who can answer.

When we were looking at the pits at Hooley's car, I noticed the neat setup for the canopy.  Looked like there were some brackets drilled into the salt and the posts fit into them.  There were also some neat connectors that all the poles fit into.  What I want to know is was this a setup that someone else had already and Hooley found it, or was this more of the quality engineering that this entire operation has shown.  

At the time we were there, I didn't realize that this was a first time run, or I would have asked then.  For anyone who was not there, Hooley's operation and everyone concerned, is a really class operation.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

river1

Quote from: "sirstude"Sum, or anyone else who can answer.

When we were looking at the pits at Hooley's car, I noticed the neat setup for the canopy.  Looked like there were some brackets drilled into the salt and the posts fit into them.  There were also some neat connectors that all the poles fit into.  What I want to know is was this a setup that someone else had already and Hooley found it, or was this more of the quality engineering that this entire operation has shown.  

the canopy was sumner's. he bought it from a swap meet vendor that was going out of business. the connectors aren't custom as my bro in law has a canopy just like it. where to get some just like it i have no clue, i think they use to be common till the EZ up kind came about.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.