Yes I know it's strange but it's fun.

Started by Maxwell007, February 21, 2010, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxwell007

'58 MK IX Jaguar Saloon.  350 Chevy, Turbo 400 Trans, 9" Ford gear, NASCAR style sway bars, Mustang II front end on a home made frame clip.
Power windows, A/C, custom made dash with Auto Meter Antique guages, home made headers.  Whew!  Lots of work so far and much more to do.

enjenjo

I like that. A question, did you make the sway bar arms, or do you have a source for them?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Maxwell007

Quote from: "enjenjo"I like that. A question, did you make the sway bar arms, or do you have a source for them?
They came in a kit with the bars.  I had to bend them using some heat and a large press to get them to "kick out" far enough.  Not sure how they're going to work but I drilled some holes to move the links forward and aft for adjustment.  Hopefully, they're not too stiff.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Maxwell007"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I like that. A question, did you make the sway bar arms, or do you have a source for them?
They came in a kit with the bars.  I had to bend them using some heat and a large press to get them to "kick out" far enough.  Not sure how they're going to work but I drilled some holes to move the links forward and aft for adjustment.  Hopefully, they're not too stiff.

Where did you get the kit?

Maxwell007

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Maxwell007"

Where did you get the kit?

Stock Car Products.  

It came with two different sized bars, the mounting bushings and the arms that you see in the pic.

enjenjo

Thanks. I have made up my own sway bar using Midget torsion bars. Had trouble finding the splined arms though. I'll check them out.