The Vicki

Started by choco, June 13, 2005, 02:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choco

Some updates on the Wife's 56 Crown Victoria. It was purchased from Fred Sanderson from Dark Horse Performance in Renton, Seattle in Feb 2000.

It was delivered to Junkyard Classics Iin Tarren Point, near Sydney) a year later, and GT28A and myself went and picked it up.

It was a very complete body, lots of spare and NOS parts included, and sat on an original chassis set up for drag racing. It had a very narrow nine inch, 31 spline, 4.11 nodular iron detroit locker diff on coils and a tri link, a 73 Torino front clip, and was not a good street setup. So Vicki purchased a registered Mainline Ute (an Aussie Ford pickup that you guys didn't have, I think Mainlines were a 4 door pillarless in the US?) from Les Buckley (Aussie Kit Cars) with a 302 Windsor, C10, 8" diff and disc brake front end - everything she needed!

The chassis were swapped around at a club Garage Scene last year. First, the Vicki was lifted off the chassis and placed safely and securely on some oil drums.

Then the Mainline Ute (pickup) was lifted up.....

....and the chassis rolled out.

Then we placed the Vicki on the Mainline chassis....

Work didn't commence until a few months ago as the Plymouth neared completion. First, the car was sent to Danny Fort, of Resort Trailers in Queanbeyan and generous CRAKK run sponsor to fit a new floor, mini-tubs and fuel tank....

The fuel tank chosen is a HQ one-tonner (an Aussie pickup of 80s vintage), and it fits in nicely....

Next, I fitted a Cusso (56 Failrlane, in Australia they were called Customlines, "Cusso" for short) dashboard and set up the steering column and steering box....

The steering comes from the XF Ute (late 80s, early 90s Ford pickup) that I wrecked, and it fits on the Mainline/Vicki chassis just nicely. The brake pedal assembly also fits like it belongs there, and this also includes the mounts for the XF booster and master cylinder.

The XF Fuel tank was going to be used, and Danny made up a cradle to weld in to the floor to accept the XF fuel tank, but it proved too steep an angle to allow the original fuel filler to work properly, so it was scrapped in place of the one tonner fuel tank.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

enjenjo

It's about time! Looks good so far
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

grazza

takes longer to explain here than back home choko :lol:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

barnsey

lookin good choco when do you hope to have it on the road cheers barnsey

choco

Quote from: "barnsey"lookin good choco when do you hope to have it on the road cheers barnsey

In about 12 months. If I don't, my life won't be worth livin'!
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

barnsey

Quote from: "choco"
Quote from: "barnsey"lookin good choco when do you hope to have it on the road cheers barnsey

In about 12 months. If I don't, my life won't be worth livin'!
ah so your mrs is a hard woman least you still got one mine gave me a choice she said grow up and stop playing with those old cars or ill be leaving,i helped her pack her bags lol at least your mrs likes cars cheers barnsey