Shoei helmet deal

Started by purplepickup, January 10, 2014, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I don't know how many people here need a helmet for their various activities but Shoei RF1100 is on sale for $250 at Competition Acccessories.  That's a real good price for a fiberglass, DOT, SNELL M2010 full face helmet.  Their bargain room has some good deals too.

No, I don't own the company. :roll:
George

Digger

George; You can get Racequip, G-Force, RCI and some Bells with the same specs for the same price or less from Summitt.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

purplepickup

I know there are others that are good but I thought I'd mention this one.  It is a good price for that brand.  

I have a very hard time finding a helmet that fits.  My head measures XL but I had to get a 3xl to get a good fit for my dirt bike helmet.  I've tried on this model of Shoei and like the fit and features so I ordered one to replace a Bell that I smacked hard last summer.
George

58 Yeoman

I've got the same problem as you, George.  I had to buy a Shoei to fit my head...but, I've since sold it as I sold my bike last year.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

unklian

If you are thinking about racing on 4 wheels,
the Snell car specs are different from the motorcycle specs.

Digger

Quote from: "unklian"If you are thinking about racing on 4 wheels,
the Snell car specs are different from the motorcycle specs.

Thats right, the cycle helmets rating start with M and auto racing ones start with SA-like SA2010 and have to meet a higher standard than the M rated ones. Some cycle associations recomend using Snell SA's for competition

Digger

tomslik

I just bought a G-force sa helmet for roughly the same money and as the difference between a SA and an M is the fire retardant insides on the SA..
so I'm told... :wink:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Helmet fit is important if you wear the helmet for a long time.   Short races, a fair fitting helmet will be OK.

My head is a round oval shape.. The Arai and Shoei helmets fit me best and of course these brands are expensive... Since it is not unusual for me to ride 10 + hours a day on a road trip , I need a comfortable helmet
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"
My head is a round oval shape..
Sue says I have a block head... :roll:
George

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"

NO NO she says you ARE a blockhead :wink:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Digger

Quote from: "purplepickup"

Then Praps you can get a helmet from Legos :P

Digger

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I don't know, one guy admits his head is shaped like a football, the the rest say they are fatheads :-o
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "tomslik"I just bought a G-force sa helmet for roughly the same money and as the difference between a SA and an M is the fire retardant insides on the SA..
so I'm told... :wink:

Gee....  To think I was going to ask if the fire retardant was to control "Hot-Heads" ...... :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****