O.T. Going to China!

Started by phat46, January 12, 2014, 07:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Looks like I'm heading to China in February. The company I retired from in '08 contacted me looking for someone to go to the China plant to help make them more efficient. I've never been out of the U.S. other than Canada which I don't count since I live within site of it and can be there in about five minutes. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but when will I ever be able to travel to China on someone else's dime and get paid for it!?

chimp koose

What an opportunity. All the best to you on your adventure. Kind of odd that an american goes to china to teach them to be efficient! Usually its them teaching North americans.

purplepickup

That's quite a responsibility and it says a lot about their trust of your abilities.  It should be quite an experience.  Enjoy.

I hope you negotiated an appropriate salary. ~:)
George

Digger

Quote from: "phat46"Looks like I'm heading to China in February. The company I retired from in '08 contacted me looking for someone to go to the China plant to help make them more efficient. I've never been out of the U.S. other than Canada which I don't count since I live within site of it and can be there in about five minutes. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but when will I ever be able to travel to China on someone else's dime and get paid for it!?

Have a great trip! );b(
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

jaybee

Wow, lucky you! My son is in his second year teaching English in Zhengzhou, Henan province.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"That's quite a responsibility and it says a lot about their trust of your abilities.  It should be quite an experience.  Enjoy.

I hope you negotiated an appropriate salary. ~:)

George, they are sending me a proposal tomorrow, that is the beginning of my salary negotiation.  I do know they are paying me from the time i leave my house!

kb426

Tis way better to be going to China rather than "made in China". I'm excited for you. I expect lots of stories and pics when you are there and return. One of the cycle forums I belong to is worldwide. The trip reports from the places that I probably won't ever get to do are wonderful.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Careful what you eat over there.  I just googled "chinese eat" images.... :shock:
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"Careful what you eat over there.  I just googled "chinese eat" images.... :shock:

LOL, I don't want to know. I'll be going with a guy that's been there five times. I'm hoping there's a KFC.

unklian

Quote from: "phat46"I'm hoping there's a KFC.

Cat starts with C.  :shock:  :D

Harry

Don't ask for a doggie bag when you're done. You just may get it.

chris spokes

Quote from: "unklian"

so does cockroach  :lol:  8)
he who has the most toys wins

rooster

Quote from: "unklian"

Careful !

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Careful what you eat over there.  I just googled "chinese eat" images.... :shock:

LOL, I don't want to know. I'll be going with a guy that's been there five times. I'm hoping there's a KFC.

Ya think he knows where to get decent American take-out :?:  :idea:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****