2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

OK, even better... As I sat and sat patiently waiting at an intersection signaling a left turn, the policeman directing traffic approached my window asking if I wished to go left.

They get this stupid every year on the pot holiday, blocking access to and from my home for some unwelcome ritual event. Makes me so mad each year its a wonder I haven't broken my transmission in the powerful instant rages it causes or been jailed for the expression of such. Might have hurt the car this time, driving in the stormy rage, don't know yet. Who cares?  Several officers I pay to guard a marathon I don't want in my city of residence would gun me down were I to begin to express my taxpaying sentiment.

Currently installing patches over roof seams at my job, as I witness co-workers wile away the hours in lengthy conversations with arms folded. Yesterday I treated my parents to their favorite restaurant after work and had to physically force their money back into their pockets.

Got home yesterday with lots of beautiful day left but without even the energy to shower. Sleep is all there is, if allowed my nearby dogs. Thats what I'm doing today despite the mile long overdue chore list. :)
Matt

jaybee

I was a little freaked out by the prevalence of lane splitting in California. Traffic is rolling at 20mph, a lot of people are making hard cuts from lane to lane in an effort to move up in line a car length at a time, and all at once you hear a motorcycle engine coming up from behind going almost double the speed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Yessir jaybee I find it very un-nerving and can only come up with death wishes as motivation for such behavior.

I mentioned pot day in there somewhere... in calming support of my ongoing tranquility quest, Mom gave me geraniums and lavender and potting soil yesterday so today was pot day for those. Touching dirt, rocks, and plants was somewhat theraputic.

To support ongoing + :) ...

I saw a vid this week of some boys on a merry go round with a buddy's moped or something laid down beside it with tire touching the base.  :idea:  :arrow: 

They all leaned inward with heads down once it got going, then one kid flops his head outward and whoa! Now two kids by moped are laying on the ground trying to slow it down with their shoe soles. Dont'cha know that was a vom-o-rama at some point.  :lol:
Matt

jaybee

Matt, I really enjoy gardening. These days that's pretty well confined to pots on the deck, but you're absolutely right about the relaxation.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

WZ JUNK

This afternoon I turned into a driveway too quick with the old truck, and tore off the front fiberglass bumper, and then I drove over it.  I should finish the repair in the morning and have it back on in time for cars and coffee.  When I do stupid things and break stuff, I try not get upset, and be glad I have the tools and ability to fix stuff. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I spent the day making new rear mounts for the 289 in my Studebaker with a 700R4 transmission. I even took pictures, but left the camera out in the shop and am too darned lazy to go back out and get it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed new tire and tube on the bicycle... I have been riding the bike a bit. Sure tells a person how far out of shape you are.

Its been hot here still. Low to mid 90s.  A/C has been on in this place.

Talked to our friend about her homeless brother... He turned 61 a few weeks ago.  Lives - works in a homeless shelter now. Only thing he owned was a Ford truck.  Had to sell the truck to qualify for the homeless shelter program. Her husband told me " The brother will screw this shelter living up and be out on the street again in 90 days"... It's just sad, yet the guy did this to himself for decades.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Watched some of the Barrett Jackson auction on saturday... As usual , some of the prices paid is a bit shocking.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Tony, this is the 'bicycle' you should buy.  Saw it at an estate sale yesterday for only $2500, marked down from $3500.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

A friend bought this quadracycle last year off Craigs List for $500.00. The thing looks new , never used.

Its made in USA , I think the southeast area?  The company offers a 48 volt electric conversion , so he bought that. He bought some used Lifepo4 lithium batteries that are from hospital equipment. Put the batteries in a metal tool box on the front of the quadcycle. The Common metal tool box flip open top style that has been around for 100 years. He says the thing is peppy with electric. Has different power levels, little dash display, etc

He took the yellow box off the back and put a small wire cage there to carry their 2 dogs in.  Dogs are Cheeewinnie mix?

:o
Tony

WZ JUNK

I repaired the front bumper and reinstalled it on the truck.  I went for a ride and I did not hit anything. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

^^^^
That's pretty good for a blind old guy. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Photo of the quadcycle my friend modified... Tool box has the 4 12volt batteries for 48 volt feed to the system..

These lithium batteries are removed on a time basis from hospital equipment with plenty of useful life remains in them.
Tony

sirstude

Montana allowed lane splitting a couple of years ago.  Last week I was sitting at a lite in the left lane and it turned green.  Before I could even move a Harley came from 2 cars behind and blew by me. Wasn't ready for him.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us