led shop lights

Started by trackster, November 09, 2021, 04:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Does anybody have recommendations for LED shop lights?  I had 20, 4 foot long, fluorescent fixtures. Tried the Walmart LED bulbs that work in the fluorescent fixtures, but 2 have already died. Maybe in there a year.  Gonna have to brake down and spend the cash for some true LED fixtures/bulbs.
If you can point me in a good direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

58 Yeoman

I had sixteen 4' light fixtures in my shop, mix and match.  I finally decided to go to Menards and buy the 41" led lights. I used 8 of them and they work great.  The fluorescent fixtures were hung by hooks screwed into the ceiling, and they weren't really lined up. Looked kind of dumb. I looked around the shop and found two 50' 1/8 inch cables and some turnbuckles, ran the two cables 40' end to end and used the turnbuckles to tighten them. I did add a support at 20' so the cables wouldn't sag. I used the supplied hooks to hang the lights on the cable. Will be easy enough to change IF they ever burn out in my lifetime.

I think they started at about $20 each, and kept coming down in price.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I have these in my shop  https://www.feit.com/product-category/tube/ I just retrofitted the old fixtures with the LED bulbs The newest ones are 5 years old, the oldest ones are over 10 years old. No failures so far
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

I have 22 high output 8 ft fixtures in my home shop. The ballast for them are app $34 bucks ea. I am changing them over to led for app. the same $ as a replacement ballast & the leds are better on these old eyes.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!