The Arty-Farty Thread

Started by Carps, July 16, 2010, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Do we need an arty - farty thread?

I'm inclined to drawing twisted lines on stuff, here I am wielding my trusty brush on my buddy Dave's new pickemup truck.

Anyone want to add to this one or keep it going?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

moose

Carps,
What size brush are you using? Looks like it might be a 1 or larger?

laying some 1-SHOT on a 51 Ford...

Tim

Carps

Hi Moose, the tailgate I did with a blue Mack 00, the fenders front and rear were done with a 000 and the grille shell with the 00.

I'm not totally happy with the grille shell but Dave loves it so I had to leave it there, even tho I wanted to rub it out and start again.

I'm no pro, just a self taught amatuer.  I started because I always liked striping and figured I'd never know if I could or couldn't unless I gave it a shot.

Now when I'm not building models or messing with the big cars, I painting lines on everything that's not bolted down and lots of other stuff that is.

Here's what happened to the cabinet doors under my workbench.

Carps

Carps

And here's a couple of my world famous ten dollar toolboxes.  There's two places sell em and both have their own colour, the hardware chain has 'em in red and the autoparts chain has 'em in blue.

Many of my friends have one and they've gone all over the world as gifts or prizes for model car contests or donations for charity auctions etc.
Carps

kb426

I really like your cabinet doors
TEAM SMART

moose

Here are a few things I laid lines for the auction season.....

Carps

Thanx KB, the doors were a fun project and just grew every time I got the brushes out.

Neat stuff there Moose, I particularly like the bottom two pieces, especially the green tones.

I'm not so flash with lettering although every now and then I try.
Carps

enjenjo

My dad was an excellent sign painter, and had no interest in pin striping at all.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

One of my Hot Rod Clubmates is like that.  Has a most successful sign painting business but could care less about pin striping.

He gets the apprentice to do it on trucks etc. or uses tape.
Carps

river1

OK i get the "arty" stuff but where is the farty stuff?

is this where you're doing that?

:lol:  :lol:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

rog

hey pete, rowie reckons you have altzimers, he says he doesnt have "my" toolbox, only the one you gave him..  :wink:

Carps

No good askin me Rog, I don't remember anyone called rowie.

Jim, Nope, if that was the case it's leave tracks. :oops:
Carps

sirstude

Carp,

I love the cabinets, but there is a drawback.  You have to keep the shop clean, and I really have a hard time there, so guess I won't be trying to get you to fly over the water to line my cabinets.  :lol:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

slocrow

Nice work on both counts. I'd need a drink to steady my hand.  :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Carps

I don't drink or smoke, but my hands don't shake too much.  It's the eyes I have trouble with.   :cry:
Carps