dream car

Started by enjenjo, April 01, 2023, 11:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

If you could have any car in the world, regardless of price, what would it be? I've owned a lot of cars, more than I can remember, but my dream car has remained the same since before I was an adult. I will never be able to afford it, and if I could, I wouldn't be able to keep it as it should be kept.

1937 Cord 812 Beverly sedan. I saw one in the wild when I was about 15 years old, and I thought it was the best car in the world, and I haven't changed my mind.

What is your dream car?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Dusenberg model J boat tail speedster.
Matt

chimp koose

26T coupe . I am building one . Wanted it since I was 14 yrs old . I started building bucket list cars since I was 30 . Not worth the time and effort to build something you are not in love with . I do get side tracked occasionally . The coupe is the last of my list . Did a front engine dragster , 49 Anglia and now the coupe . When it is done I will probably do another FED .

WZ JUNK

Fenderless 3 window 34 Ford.  32 grille and 32 gas tank.   With a one piece hood top and no hood sides.  Halibrand wheels with big and little tires.  No air, no radio, but a big engine. 
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tomslik

64 T-bolt (a ford, oddly enough)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

sirstude

1932 Studebaker President St Regis Brougham
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

1959 Ford retractable. In black.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I do not have 1 specific car I would like to own  from the early daze..

Back in the 1960s I remember a fastback Barracuda. Had to be a 65 or so, that body design.  Saw this car on the I-17 in Arizona.  Headed north in the mountains by Black Canyon city or further north.  I thought it was the coolest car I had even seen.

Can not afford current market prices on anything I grew up with, so that is out.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

A restored red 1962 Corvette with a 327, 4 speed.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

34ford

63 Split window Corvette  Forest green with saddle tan interior

416Ford

I want my car done. :(
A 55 Handyman with a blown BBC and shiny paint.
I would take a 39 zephyr taildragger also.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

jaybee

I don't know that I can narrow it down to 1, but I can narrow it down to 3:

• 427 Cobra
  • Boss 302 Mustang
  • 1967 Chevelle SS 396
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

I just put my most rare and expensive choice up there ^^^.

When I was 12, a 40 Ford coupe. At 14, a 68 Charger 500. At 16, a tri-power 4spd 428 swapped 66 GTO. Slobber, slobber.

As a young adult I wanted the candy red split window Stingray, to do 48 states in as many days.

My 69GP with pedal and gear added, one each. That'd do.

But the real dream car from an actual dream? 62 Catalina 421 SD. White with red and a cueball knob. Glorious!

If I went total Leno, there might be a fleet of eight lug Ponchos. Black and dirty. 8)
Matt

50 F1

Rochie

Had it...sold it...never shouldv'e