Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I did a Mustang like that about 12 years ago. It was beyond repair but he had lots of money, and it was his first car. I replaced everything from the front bumper tp the rear from the beltline down except the inner rocker panels. When I finished the chassis repair it went to a body shop  for  finishing. It's still there.

The engine appears to be a early 60s 292 Y block. The last Ford V8 with a rear mounted distributor
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Ah, boat anchor.Yeah I did a 70 Mach 1 once. Never laid hands on a first gen Mustang except that red one I tore down ahwile back and the 68 I occasionally drove as a kid.
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: kb426 on September 02, 2021, 08:37:37 AM
Always variety. :)

Spice of life, buddy. :)

I know you guys don't mind a little filler material now and then. ;)

Speaking of which, I am seeing due meticulousness from the Painter in getting the A good and ready for paint. He is currently fussing over all the beads and bringing them up to snuff with the open areas. I was unable to devote enough attention there and focused mainly on not having big problems in the open areas in the blocking phase so am glad to see that. :)
Matt

chimp koose

I cant wait to see that A in some colour 8)

idrivejunk

You may not have to wait much longer.   :shock:  Seam sealer usually means its getting serious-

Matt

chimp koose

perfection takes time ..........waiting patiently 8)

idrivejunk

He was spot priming jambs when I left today. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

jaybee

Good thing "someone" took a lot of pics, because nobody is going to have any idea what all is under the paint pretty soon.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Quote from: jaybee on September 22, 2021, 08:51:57 PM
Good thing "someone" took a lot of pics, because nobody is going to have any idea what all is under the paint pretty soon.

Bridgewater. ;)

(water that done went under the bridge)

If he gets himself in big trouble with it and "the jaws" get involved, responders would do best to snip pillars in alphabetical order and concentrate on vowels.  :idea:

No tubing adjacent to windshield.  ;)
Matt

idrivejunk

I hadn't seen under here in a month of blue moons, seems like. A couple spots needed tiny cosmetic patches on open "loose ends" left in construction. Like one inch spots and not shown. I got out the panel bond, made pieces, and took care of them without breaking his stride. He didn't even have to mention them, just untape and shoot over. I clocked in, saw them on the way to the F-1 and knew to just handle it, qwik. Mmm, Qwik. Wheres that blasted chocolate milk moustache smiley anyhow? :D

He did have to wait until everyone else's quitting time to start hosing though. But guess what?

Theres color under it now! PPG Envy Green, a dark pearl / metallic plain base / clear. I ain't sure what it looks like (wasn't mixed yet) but think it goes on fenders and all. I thought for awhile they were going to use solid colors but whew... gladly, not. Painter was singing along good and loud to a grunge mix in picture perfect day conditions when I split. That much is as it should be, and encouraging. :)

So, we wait.... more, and patiently. To see whats been a long time coming. :arrow:

Now I know this heres gettin a mite text-heavy but just never you fear... Feast yer peepers fer a spell at these tasty innards and I'll hush. -

Matt

kb426

I'm assuming that it has some kind of bedliner sprayed. It looks different from most I have seen.
TEAM SMART