So, whadidyadothisweekend?

Started by Carps, December 10, 2006, 02:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Hot and smokey, not fit enough to fight fires, so I got stuck into a couple of toolboxes for the Oz-E-Rodders charity gig next weekend.

Then I chopped the top on a '49 Mercury......

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

With all the time you waste on this stuff, you could finish the 33 :lol:

Looking good by the way.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I pulled the right side coil spring out of my Dodge lancer.....I have rubber spring pads i got from enjenjo 3 yrs ago.  :shock:

I found the pads would not fit the rings that Fatman welds in to locate the springs.  I did not cut the inner lip off  the pad since the pad thickness would have just about rendered the spring locater ring useless.

I may try to find a thinner rubber material that may be durable for the application.

The coil spring makes a creaking noise as the suspension compresses and releases the spring  .

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

msuguydon

My car is currently being stored at a buddies house.  Went to my buddies shop/garage, and loaded up a ton of boxes into a trailer so he could get them out of the garage/shop and to good will.  We had to make room for all the cars, moved his 66 GTO to the cold side of the garage, moved my 58 into the warm side, so we can work on it.  

Got his 68 GMAC pick-up truck started and moved, to make room for the
66 GTO.

Helped him move a couch and recliner to his basement game room.

Boxed all my extra parts and took them back to my house.  Filled a box of parts that are going on E-Bay.

Cleaned up the garage so we can hit my car "hard" after the holidays.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat46

Christmas shopping...bah humbug... :evil:

Normspeed

I made it over to Irwindale for the Mooneyes gig.  Too much fun.  Here's a link to some pics,  the slideshow works great on a fast connection.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/nhcarter1/Mooneyes%202006/

Today I'll load my Red Ram (in pieces) into my Bronco, it's gonna go live with my son in New Mexico, maybe he'll put it together.  And this afternoon, I'm helping another old Mopar guy to slam his DeSoto coupe.

Great weekend,  heavy rain last night but a sparkling clear morning today in El Lay county.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"I pulled the right side coil spring out of my Dodge lancer.....I have rubber spring pads i got from enjenjo 3 yrs ago.  :shock:

I found the pads would not fit the rings that Fatman welds in to locate the springs.  I did not cut the inner lip off  the pad since the pad thickness would have just about rendered the spring locater ring useless.

I may try to find a thinner rubber material that may be durable for the application.

The coil spring makes a creaking noise as the suspension compresses and releases the spring  .

hey, how about the rubber for a 68-72 chevelle rear springs?
it' s pretty thin..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

jusjunk

Washed my truck then changed the oil and somewhere between here and ohio today it got all dirty again :cry:  Shoulda drove the malibu :idea:
Went to bowling green ohio this morning met a guy there and gave him my spindles brakes tie rod etc from the roadster . Gonna buy prettier stuff this week. came back and stopped at enjenjo's for a visit. He looks pretty good for an old fart. We told true stories for a while then sue and i headed north to cabelas . Did some shopping . the only thing i got was a realtree cammo watch but ill be darned if i can find it :?:  :wink: . Just got home . Frank fixed me up with a ram horn manifold for the roadster so ill be working on exhaust soon too. By the way was talking to Phil the guy that bought my parts and we were having breakfast and talking about hot rods and the subject came up about me selling the 34 to finance the 32 coupe and that i knew it was sold again and  in Ohio and I was told it was somewhere near dayton :?:  He asked me what color it was so i described it and he told me his neighbor owns it and loves it :!:  Ha Ha its a small world.
Anyway Frank when you read this it was good seing you again and shotting the breeze and ill see ya on the bbq rebuild. The rest of ya,,,,,,, you missed out. Twas a good day
Dave

GPster

Checked the RRT Forum.Put the fence around the pond so I don't have to worry about the dogs ice skating on it. Checked the RRT Forum. Spread some web type Christmas lights on the shrubs out front. Checked the RRT Forum. Moved furniture to set up are imitation Christmas tree. Checked the RRT Forum. Rested so that I would have the strength to type this. GPster

jusjunk

Quote from: "GPster"Checked the RRT Forum.Put the fence around the pond so I don't have to worry about the dogs ice skating on it. Checked the RRT Forum. Spread some web type Christmas lights on the shrubs out front. Checked the RRT Forum. Moved furniture to set up are imitation Christmas tree. Checked the RRT Forum. Rested so that I would have the strength to type this. GPster

Well im glad you got rested Joe... Sue mentioned sumpin to me bout a lighted tree for the yard and i told her that my son and his girlfriend are moving into a house in our sub prolly next week so let me know when she found it cause id give it to him to put in his yard! sorry but i just dont seem to get all xmassy anymore. I am going to buy myself presents though(just dont tell sue)
Dave :arrow:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"I pulled the right side coil spring out of my Dodge lancer.....I have rubber spring pads i got from enjenjo 3 yrs ago.  :shock:

hey, how about the rubber for a 68-72 chevelle rear springs?
it' s pretty thin..

thanks for the reply tomslik........
);b(

I found some rubber material here at the house.... it is that thick stuff for under a shower stalls & other uses where water is in a bath room.  I forget the name of the stuff.

gotta get the car cleaned up a  little mechanically to sell this junk off in january.

we may even put some carpet in the Dodge

)bye(
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Hummm, lessee, enhanced, cropped, resized and posted 160 Americruise pics and 80 Automobilia Moonlight Cruise pics, and just ordered 2 med. Papa Johns pizzas online.

purplepickup

Friday night we had a work Christmas party.  Hey, free food and drinks...plus a present. 8)

Yesterday morning I built a fire in the shop

.....so that I could work on my toyhauler/camping trailer.  I'm insulating, wiring, and sheeting the inside right now.

Here's as far as I got by tonight.

I played with Murf when I was on break.  Here he is practicing his hole shots.

Speaking of Murphy, he got a hot Christmas present yesterday in the mail from a special friend :D  He says if he knew what sex was it would make him horny. :wink:

...and last night I took a picture and made prints that Sue wanted to put in some of the Christmas cards
George

bombcan

I finally picked up the econoline saturday.  Decided to see if I could get it started today,put in a new battery,  then a new starter, then a new voltage regulator, finally out of desperation I put on two new battery cable ends...That did it! :oops:   It finally turned over a few times and fired right up.  (Told Debbie I really needed that other stuff anyway)

alchevy

Had a work Christmas Party Friday night. Slept late Saturday morning because I didn't have to go into work. Drove the '40 Chevy over to Jackson, MS Saturday afternoon (still no heat...in 30degree weather) to where they were having a Christmas program at a large church. The theme this year was set as a 1942 Radio City Music Hall so they wanted cars 1945 and earlier to be parked along the street next to the building to get folks into the era before they walked inside. It was interesting, good program. Drove home in the cold last night. This morning I drove the '40 to a club Christmas party and came home in just short sleaves, no jacket or gloves needed as it was 65 degrees. That's the weather we have here. If you don't like it, just wait 5 minutes and it will change. The party was in a town about 35 miles from here and there are several ways to get there from here. I chose one that would take me away from the interstate traffic. There is a parkway that stretches across Mississippi called the Natchez Trace and it goes from South of Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS. No commercial vehicles are allowed on it and there are sites to stop at and see historical places along the way and picnic areas. Some of you have mentioned to me that you have been on it before. They now have the whole route open, for many years you had to get off of it at Jackson and pick it back up later on, but a few years ago they opened up the last stretch.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com