So what else ya'all be doin?

Started by Carps, March 28, 2006, 05:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

In addition to buildin models of my buddies cars I also did some lines on another buddies bicycle.

Mongrel of a job and it took forever, but I finally got it done.  Matches the owner's cooler and his model A roadster, well it will when he lets me loose on the car.   :wink:

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Gave this to a friend who liked it so much  :?:  he promptly  donated it to his club as an auction item to help raise some cash for a locaal charity.

Carps

Carps

Soooo......
I went overboard and did one to match his car, so he couldn't give it away.

Dissasembled the box and repainted it flat black under the lid and glossy POR15 black on all the outside surfaces.  Then striped it in a kinda old timey style like his car.

Gotta admit to bein pretty pleased with how it turned out.   :D
Carps

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

So Carps, what are you doing in your spare time? :D Nice job, on both the striping, and the model.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Nice work for a seventeen year old Carps. When you get older you might be real good at it. :wink:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

rumrumm

Dang! That's nice stripin' there, mate. That bike is just too nice to even ride!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"So Carps, what are you doing in your spare time?

I go to the office.   :wink:
Carps

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Jeeze Carps you sure are getting good! :shock:   I really like the style you've got too.   And the detail on your models ain't bad either :wink:  These little hobbies we pick up sure do a lot to relieve stress don't they?

Sure wish you lived about 9200 miles closer.  I'd see if I could coerce you into laying some lines on all the empty black paint on my little Bonneville Cruiser.

George

Rex Schimmer

Purple pickup,
what is that motor out of??? Your bike is just to cool, and you are right about having Carp strip it, that would finish it off just perfect!!

Neat bike, looking forward to seeing it at the "Big White Dyno"

Rex

Carps

Quote from: "purplepickup"Jeeze Carps you sure are getting good! :shock:   I really like the style you've got too.   And the detail on your models ain't bad either :wink:  These little hobbies we pick up sure do a lot to relieve stress don't they?
Well that depends on who you talk to.  For me yes, however Mrs Carps often seems to be more than a little stressed.  Especially when I move the spray booth and compressor inside the house coz it's too cold to paint in the shed.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

QuoteI'd see if I could coerce you into laying some lines on all the empty black paint on my little Bonneville Cruiser.
Bonneville?  That's locked into my plan for next year.  Don't think they'll let me on the plane with my paint box, but I'm sure I can pick up the relevant supplies once I have my feet back on terra firma.  Heck, I striped Swifty's tractor in the dark, so with all the light those magnesium volksies chuck out, doin your bike at the bend in the road should be a no brainer.   :wink:
Carps

purplepickup

Quote from: "Carps"
QuoteI'd see if I could coerce you into laying some lines on all the empty black paint on my little Bonneville Cruiser.
Bonneville?  That's locked into my plan for next year.  Don't think they'll let me on the plane with my paint box, but I'm sure I can pick up the relevant supplies once I have my feet back on terra firma.  Heck, I striped Swifty's tractor in the dark, so with all the light those magnesium volksies chuck out, doin your bike at the bend in the road should be a no brainer.   :wink:
It's good to hear that you're planning to come back over here.  Next year looks to be a good year to show up.  Mike should have his truck ready, I'd bet on Sumner being ready with his lakester, I've heard rumors that Crosley wants to put something on the salt, and besides that we all miss seeing you. 8)
George

Carps

Quote from: "purplepickup"Next year looks to be a good year to show up.  Mike should have his truck ready, I'd bet on Sumner being ready with his lakester, I've heard rumors that Crosley wants to put something on the salt, and besides that we all miss seeing you. 8)

Sounds like four fine reasons to be there.  However, there's somewhat less of me to see, but I do miss the good times and Don Sr owes me a glass of water, or do i owe him a glass of water?  Whatever!   :wink:
Carps

Cword

Hey George!
Your bike is looking great. Did the build go smoothly?  Are you having fun riding it?

Carps, you striping looks great.  It'd be a treat to see you over on this side of the world again.

Mike
--