Russel or Earl's Solo Brake Bleeders

Started by 1FATGMC, March 16, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

If some of you have used the solo bleeders (Don Jr.?) do you prefer Earl's Solo Bleeders, Russell's Speed Bleeders or do you not like either?

I have a mastercylinder/booster ordered for 1FATGMC and thought I might give them a try.

Thanks, Sum

P.S.  I posted this once and it said post submitted, but I could never see it so I hope this isn't a double post.

WZ JUNK

I have been doing a lot of brake bleeding lately.  I have one of those mighty vac pumps that works pretty good but it seems like we end up back with the old methods before we are done.   You can hardly miss with an old jar with some brake fluid in it and short piece of clear hose from the bleeder to the jar.  The only for sure advise I can give you is do not have your wife help you.  At least I have found that bleeding brakes and hanging wallpaper are two things that my spouse and I do not do well together.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1FATGMC

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The only for sure advise I can give you is do not have your wife help you.  

Now you know why I'm asking about the bleeders  :lol:.  Actually Julie would help me, but one of us is always working in the store, so that makes it hard at times and I've heard these are suppose to work pretty good and I have to replace the bleeders anyway, although I know these cost more.

When I did the brakes the last time I did it by myself with the hand vac-pump and that worked, but this looks faster and easier if these things really work like they are suppose to.

c ya, Sum

river1

last time i bled my brakes, for a master cylinder change, i used the gravity method. take the top off the master. crack the wheel cylinder bleeder and let gravity do the work. i did one wheel at a time but jerry (hamber) does all the wheels at the same time. keep an eye on the master fluid level (natch) when clean fluid is coming out the bleeders close them and spray the area off with water. the quick water use prevents paint damage. it only works if the master is above the wheel cylinders.

all in all the easiest bleed job i have ever done.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

model a vette

I just changed a wheel cyl on my daily driver yesterday. I used two feet of clear vinyl hose on the bleeder screw. I coated the bleeder screw threads with a little grease to help seal it. I have learned to put a loose knot in the tubing, close to the screw, before inserting it into a disposable container. I cracked the bleeder and pumped the pedal a couple of times, closed the bleeder and I was done. I've used the same method on my old vette style calipers and bled one side of the calipers at a time. (There are two bleeders on each caliper)
Ed