Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I remember seeing a galaxie 2 door hardtop in that color with cragar ss's. That was a striking car. The only place I remember seeing a mustang in that color was at Phil Long Ford in Colo. Springs when he had a row of unsold Shelby mustangs out front. I believe that was the winter of 1970.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

58 Yeoman

Snowplow totally destroyed the mailbox today, had to install the old one, again.

Phil

kb426

Years ago, I went through a spell of mail box removals. it's been a long time since. I hope I'm not on the list. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on January 12, 2024, 06:00:24 PMSnowplow totally destroyed the mailbox today, had to install the old one, again.

BAck in 1999 when we moved to Gilbert AZ... The area was mostly farm land and dairy farms too. The farm land was full of feed corn or alfalfa..

THe farm combines moved around usually at dark during parts of the year. The machines often run over the phone line boxes that were along the edge of the roads. Early years we lived out there, the  landline phone was often "out"

:o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I was looking at yesterday's Mecum results. A 1966 Ford gt40 road car brought almost 7 million without the buyer's premium. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Take a look to see how easy he makes it look:
{https://youtu.be/8pfXtlH_kCI?si=rh6n-Dw3BEG1Zw2T}
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Phil

kb426

I forgot to put  brackets around the address. If you don't do that, the forum software blocks it. Sorry about that.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I've been checking the Mecum auction results daily. The 1st week wasn't much to talk about. On friday, it started to get interesting. yesterday had some astounding results. There was a Ferrari that went to 23.5 million and didn't make reserve. I never thought I would see numbers like that.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Ya  , we been watching the Mecum auction on TV..  Some interesting prices on stuff.  A few seem low to others, so I figure its in the details?

We watch the TV action a bit during lunch and then later after my 2pm nap

:o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I run a dehumidifier in the shop as much as temps allow. The one in there is from the late 90's and finally died.  I ordered a new one on Amazon and it was delivered today.  This is the pic the driver sent my wife in her email. It's actually sitting 25 to 30 feet down the driveway from the house.

Phil

kb426

Phil, do they consider snow to be an excuse to not take it to the house?
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I guess they must.  I didn't clear the driveway, but both my vehicles get up the slight slant with no trouble.

Phil