new mercury project

Started by compact, March 10, 2008, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compact

just thought i would show you guys over here my new project i picked up last week

an aussie delivered one...and there wernt that many of them

may be chasing a few small parts so if you have one in your backyard :roll:  :D  :lol: ....give me a holler :D

cheers Darren

and i hope you guys are starting to warm up a bit now :wink:  :D

pvcerod

Ooooooooo! Dazzler......that looks pretty straight........same Cream as the Compact, Fat n Low & no Bumpers.........how close am I. :roll:  :wink:  :lol:

I see you got a good Man helping you there........Good Day Rod.......Looking forward to seeing you Guys in a few weeks at Metal Meet Downunder 08.  8)  :wink:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

Rocket

G'Day Steve  :D

Yep it was a long round trip indeed with Darren "dragging" myself and Dan out of bed at an ungodly hour..............
16 hous later we where unloaded and Darren new baby was tucked away safe and sound  :lol:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

kool... and it just fits the trailer unit.

:lol:

Grill looks darn good in the photo
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fast.Fords

Looks like it's in very good condition!!!  Congrats on a great find, looks like it was worth a long road trip!

compact

things always look better in the photos....but yes its not bad

one thing you guys may be able to help me with is i'm trying to chase down a part of the taillight...its the bit on the end with the glass intact...i have 6 taillights and only one end bit :roll:

looks like this

although im sure most of you guys already knew

i wont post pics of the car yet but have blasted guards and bonnet and halfway through recoing headlights and taillights...i do things * about :roll:  :lol:

thanks in advance if you can give me any leads as to where to go for the taillight end....Darren

pvcerod

Dazzler is it the round Reflector you are talking about in the end......as they look like those reflector Buttons with a thread & nut on the back......you can get from any Auto Shop in various sizes.........hope this helps Mate.  :wink:  :D
Happy Cruzin
Steve

Rocket

Quote from: "pvcerod"Dazzler is it the round Reflector you are talking about in the end......as they look like those reflector Buttons with a thread & nut on the back......you can get from any Auto Shop in various sizes.........hope this helps Mate.  :wink:  :D

Cheaper at a push bike shop  :wink:

pvcerod

Quote from: "Rocket"
Quote from: "pvcerod"Dazzler is it the round Reflector you are talking about in the end......as they look like those reflector Buttons with a thread & nut on the back......you can get from any Auto Shop in various sizes.........hope this helps Mate.  :wink:  :D

Bugger!.....there goes the Reflectors off the Boy's Bikes then. :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

Rocket

Quote from: "pvcerod"
Quote from: "Rocket"

Bugger!.....there goes the Reflectors off the Boy's Bikes then. :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

Tee Hee,
Ya can't get to his shed without tripping over at least 5 of them........I didn't think of that  :roll:  :roll:  (why buy them  :lol: )

compact

good on ya Boys :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ......na i actually need the stainless surround as well.....as its the last piece that goes on the taillight and it has some spring clips and its a part that would be a pain to make....

and its not plastic...its a glass piece.... :D  :D

Rocket

Quote from: "compact"good on ya Boys :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ......na i actually need the stainless surround as well.....as its the last piece that goes on the taillight and it has some spring clips and its a part that would be a pain to make....

and its not plastic...its a glass piece.... :D  :D

Well ya had better replace that one as well.
Cause it has a shocking reflection in it  :lol:  :lol:

pvcerod

I think some of the old BMC Stuff had S/S or Chromed surrounds........try looking at Pommie Sites.......given you can't get the ridgy didge Stuff of course. :wink:  :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

compact

Thanks Jim.....really really appreciated :D  :D  :D ...he has one but the end piece looks like its got rust all over it.....mine was stainless :?  :?

gonna send him a message and find out more....just in case someone knows of another taillight dealer...please let me know as this one may not be good enough :cry: