breedlove lawsuit

Started by wayne petty, January 18, 2017, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I sure am glad I'm not on either side of this!
TEAM SMART

Harry

That lawsuit has been going on for quite some time.
I think it started in 2015 when Breedlove got the car returned to him.
Finally something going to happen.

rumrumm

One would think with the reputation of that museum the car would have received better treatment. From the article, it sounds as though it was shoved back in a corner somewhere and ignored.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

lofat46

I've been going to that museum since I was a kid, the first time on a 3rd grade field trip in 1959.  I remember seeing the car right after it arrived at the museum and thinking how cool it was that this thing went over 500 mph.  Over the years you could see it's deterioration, I remember the tires being flat and scratches in the paint.  A couple of times that I went the car was not even on display.  Don't get me wrong, the Museum of Science and Industry is a neat place but they used to have a large display of vintage cars that has dwindled over the years and the ones that are on display don't look like they are regularly cleaned or well maintained, often covered in dust with low or flat tires.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteDon't get me wrong, the Museum of Science and Industry is a neat place but they used to have a large display of vintage cars that has dwindled over the years and the ones that are on display don't look like they are regularly cleaned or well maintained, often covered in dust with low or flat tires.
[/quote]

Not only that , but their German submarine is rusting out..... :oops:  :roll:  :shock:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Not only that , but their German submarine is rusting out..... :oops:  :roll:  :shock:

They're going to have to quit driving it in Michigan winters and hire Matt to do his magic on it.
George

wayne petty

might take a Uboat load of Pour-15 to coat it..

actually i wonder if breedlove is going to do video of the repairs, rebuilding, restoration.. to share with the rest of the world..  i would really be interested in seeing that..

might be able to talk this company into a freshen up on the jet engine.. https://www.youtube.com/user/AgentJayZ/videos even fire it up on the test stand..

idrivejunk

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Not only that , but their German submarine is rusting out..... :oops:  :roll:  :shock:

They're going to have to quit driving it in Michigan winters and hire Matt to do his magic on it.

Museum work has actually crossed my mind but I bet it isn't as noble as it sounds. I am a mess fixer though :lol:  

Thats a real heartbreaker of a story, Wayne man. :cry:

The root beer 65 GTO we did awhile back started as a minty top dollar purchase from a museum. When the new owner raised the car to inspect it, he discovered the entire body was rusted loose from the frame. All body bolts rusted through. Boy but it looked perfect just sitting. :roll:  

I get sad when I think how many world war planes are no longer represented in history by working specimens too. Don't get me started on lost history. But this story reeks of "person making decisions fell short of taking the full gravity of this piece into consideration" scenario. Meaning whoever said whack it rather than consult the owner probably cannot point at an engine part and say the name of it. A pity.
Matt

jaybee

I saw the car on a couple of visits over the years, and it makes me very sad to think it was so poorly treated.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

BFS57

Hello;
Yes, I guess in this kind of situation this shows just what a college education and degree will do.
I'm sure the museum only hires college degree'd, highly educated folks to run it "properly"!
There should have been some kind of communication a long time ago!!!!
I sincerely hope that the judgment goes in Mr. Bredlove's favor!!!!!

Bruce