2020 .. What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2020, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Finally finished a new car painting today, I have been trying portrait/figure painting for a while....I found out this is where I belong! 😄 16" X 24", acrylic on prepped hardboard.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat46"Finally finished a new car painting today, I have been trying portrait/figure painting for a while....I found out this is where I belong! 😄 16" X 24", acrylic on prepped hardboard.

Looks good...  and 2 of the most popular brands of  drag cars ever IMHO
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

^^^^^
Nice!
I've been checking Barrett Jackson results every morning. I'm trying to form a logical reason for the prices. I tend to believe that the higher prices are paid in the afternoon. The mornings seem weaker and late in the day doesn't seem as strong unless there is a vehicle that someone has been waiting for. Without seeing the vehicles, this is pointless. LOL Obviously, it's winter and I'm not that busy. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Yesterday's B-J results had some interesting numbers. I'm surprised at what VW buses bring. There was a couple of AD chevies that brought serious money. The Ferris Bueller ferrari which wasn't real brought $396 grand. High end autos are no different than art. People just look at them. Am I wrong about that? :)
TEAM SMART

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "phat46"Finally finished a new car painting today, I have been trying portrait/figure painting for a while....I found out this is where I belong! 😄 16" X 24", acrylic on prepped hardboard.

Looks good...  and 2 of the most popular brands of  drag cars ever IMHO

way back when maybe, nowadays it's a late model mustang and challengers
:cry:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

tomslik

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^
Nice!
I've been checking Barrett Jackson results every morning. I'm trying to form a logical reason for the prices. I tend to believe that the higher prices are paid in the afternoon. The mornings seem weaker and late in the day doesn't seem as strong unless there is a vehicle that someone has been waiting for. Without seeing the vehicles, this is pointless. LOL Obviously, it's winter and I'm not that busy. :)

that's easy! morning= just starting to drink, midday= drunk,late afternoon= passed out
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

chimp koose

KB my cousin bought a frame off restored 63 vette convertible last year at B-J , has not driven it yet! Garage art . He is doing a 59 vette convertible with modern vette suspension and LS power right now , at home in the garage . He will likely drive the wheels off that one . He lives out on a farm with 6 miles of gravel road out to the first paved road.

Carps

Not long home from another Kustom Nationals.  despite a bit of smoke haze we had a great turnout of cars and people for the weekend.  As usual I had a couple of my trusty image recorders handy so here's a few of my favourite shots.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

kb426

TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice pictures Peter. I particularly liked your capture of the two lads in the roadster. Just wait a few more years.

On second look I see it's a Phaeton.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

I removed the fuel pump from the Ranger gas tank.  It needs a little cleaning before I reinstalled it.  :D   I was surprised.  This is the worst looking pump I have ever removed.

I have another one that I plan to modify and use.  I will use the mechanical pump on the engine and the tank pump will be removed.  Hopefully I can figure a way to use one of those sock filters on the bottom.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, this is a 7lb. in tank unit if you might want to start fresh and not use a mechanical pump.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9477664&cc=1121780&jsn=8
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, this is a 7lb. in tank unit if you might want to start fresh and not use a mechanical pump.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9477664&cc=1121780&jsn=8

Interesting.  I had not even considered this possibility and I did not know they even made something like this.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

The 88 I'm working on has a supply pump in the tank and the efi pump on the frame rail. A few years after this is when it changed to the high pressure pump in the tank. If you would use a simple relay with a key on function, you could use the wiring that goes to the rear in the original harness. I believe your ranger has a CCR unit. The ecu controls all the relays to run the ecu, fuel pump, fan and ac. I found out these pumps are polarity sensitive.
TEAM SMART

GPster

While you're into it,check the float on the tank level sender. I can remember loosing one in an '86 and they must have been a big enough problem that Dorman had replacements. I'm still here, GPster