$6 million dollar man

Started by 48ford, October 25, 2005, 02:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

I'm getting another part replaced in the morning, This time we will get a new left knee. I was a plumber before I retired and I just wore
my joints out. They were meant to bend not walk on. :shock:  :shock:
But It could be a lot worse,as I still have health insurance,everything is covered.
Russ

HotRodLadyCrusr

Good luck bud.  I hear the do wonderful things with joint replacements nowdays.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

jaybee

I've known a number of people who've had knee replacements, including my Dad.  It's a great thing BUT you need to follow your doctor's instructions to the letter!  Dad hurt his own recovery because he didn't do his excercises per instructions.  He didn't move it as much as he was supposed to and built up scar tissue due to insufficient movement to keep things stretched and flexible.  Even at that he's better off than before.  Good luck!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tom36

I had both of my knees replaced last November. I was getting to the point that I was doing less and less because of the pain.  If I went to a swap meet or show, It was walk 15 minutes and then rest, walk 15 minutes and so  on.  At the end of the day, I had to sit in the car and literally lift my legs with my arms and put them inside.  I had one knee replaced on a Friday and the other the following Monday. I went into the hospital on Nov.12 and went to a rehab facility on 17 Nov. and was home Wednesday before Thanks giving.  I started therapy right away (DON"T WAIT) and was getting around without assistance by Chrismas. Now I think my knees are the best part of me!  no pain at all! Went to a swap meet with a friend last month, and after awhile he asked if I wanted to sit and rest awhile.  I said no ( I can walk literally all day now and not get tired) and then realised HE wanted to take a break!
The best advice I can give you is to take your pain meds and do your therapy faithfully.  I can truthfully say it was a good move having the operation. I'm back to building my '36 and picked a '46 along the way in case I get bored.  Good luck on your surgery- I hope it works as well for you as it has me,  Tom..

EMSjunkie

Good luck Russ, we are keeping you in our prayers.

like the other fellers said, listen to the Dr. do the physical therapy, don't rush it.

hope you have a speedy recovery.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Good Luck!Hope everything goes well and you have a short,speedy recovery!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

I hope all goes well.  This type of surgery has been around a while.

I am having arthritis problems in my elbows with pain radiating out into the muscles.  Too many years of lifting heavy chunks of metal on to the work bench.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

BFS57

Hello;
I sincerely hope your surgery goes smooooth! By the way, What kind of insurance you got? Mine isn't worth a hill of S@#T! Id probly have to pay a couple thousand dollars! My hip used to hurt so bad sometime I just wanted to die! Lucky for me, my Aunt came to Florida for a visit a couple years ago. She told me to start taking "Move Free" and I get it from Costco (found it cheaper at Sam's Club) and since I have been taking this across the counter supplement my life has improved greatly!!!
I went to NSRA at Tampa and walked and walked and walked! Yes, I had some pain but nothing like before! I really notice that the next day after, I am relatively pain free and ready for more!
When I get that Medicare in a few more years, thats when I'll have the surgery!
Thanks,
Bruce

48ford

Well im out of the hospital and now in rehab.
The guy that had me see is a motorhead,he has a 49 ford pick-up.
He still herts me but it has to get better,I don't want to p&*s this guy off!
Thanks for all the e-mails it met a lot to us.
Russ&Irene

GPster

Quote from: "48ford"He still herts me but it has to get better,I don't want to p&*s this guy off!
Glad to see it didn't effect your typing, but it didn't help your spelling. GPster

enjenjo

Where you doing rehab? Glad to hear it's going well.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Russ...... you'll be your usual 150% before you know it, just don't get your shorts in a knot.

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

48ford

GP you shamed me into checking my spellin!
Frank, I go to bay park out in northwood.
Walking outside today,I'ts 70 in november,in northwest ohio!
Life is good I will be running by thanksgiving.
Russ&Irene

Normspeed

Russ, just wondering, will you now be able to run in cool slow motion like the $6 million dude did?
-Norm