New Guy

Started by 123pugsy, October 26, 2021, 05:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123pugsy

Thanks chimp.

Crosley, slow is OK, I'm getting geezer anyways.

416Ford

Welcome Pugsy, I know someone looking for a 69 El Camino. Those must be hard to find. Pickup on Isle 3.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

123pugsy

Thanks.

A quick google search found 3 on Craigslist. Seems to be a lot out there.
Under appreciated cars that look better than the Chevelles.

416Ford

I'll try a CL List search.  He is looking for a done car. No time to build one anymore.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

enjenjo

The 68 has virtually the same styling. The grille is slightly different.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Welcome! I love the late 60's and early 70's El Caminos. Awesome cars, as are the Rancheros from the same period. I'd love to know more.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

123pugsy

Thanks.

I got her, her name is CURSE, a few years back. Picked her up in Tennessee. It was olive green metallic.

Since then, it's got a new (rebuilt) 5.3L and 4L60e, cruise control and AC. My daughter was always drooling around Chevelles and Camaros in red flavor with white hood stripes. After prying her away from them for the fortieth time, I turned on some instant smarts (40 times is quick for old guys) and asked her if she wants CURSE in them colors. She said "oh, ya...". Well, I put my foot down and told her "the hood stripes will be black, dammit!" I really told her.....

I can't attach pics at this time. The option is not available below the reply box.

123pugsy

Nope, can't post pics.   :(

chimp koose

Nice ride . Must be a treat with that drive line in it .

123pugsy

Ya, it jumps real good and is smooth as heck.
Forgot to mention, I installed 3.73 gears and a 12 bolt posi.
Hit the quarter mile in a lick shy of (EDIT)13.1 14.1 seconds.

123pugsy

The 41 Chrysler project.

123pugsy

Painted red:

Vent windows delete. I moved the emblem to the center of the gate. ""SS"" stripe added and reverse lights deleted. New 68 reverse lights added to bumper.
All marker lights changed to Chevelle SS style.

123pugsy

idrivejunk

I almost never check these seldom-used forum sections. So just saw this. I do think I know where to get a 69 Camino. I've wished I could buy it myself, from a relative over in Heber Springs.

Welcome, Pugsy. Didn't see this. Oops.
Matt

123pugsy