2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I got sidetracked today. The bike at my son's which has been sitting for around 2 years became next in line. He brought over the fuel pump and tank. The pump was not operating. After disassembly of the pump assembly, I found that corrosion on the electrical connectors was the problem. The strainer was real ugly. It's probably good that it didn't run. :) The tank has an opening large enough for me to get a hand and stainless wire brush in there. After about an hour of scrubbing, the tank is much better. I ordered strainers for it but it looks like it could be better than a week before they arrive. I think when it's reassembled, it will run as it should. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Practicing paint polishing with a cheap, 20v cordless, 4" rotary polisher from Amazon. I was very pleased with the deck lid right off the bat, after watching a couple of YouTube videos. No swirls, nice reflections, kinda purty for a car that's spent most of its life outside and hasn't been waxed as often as it should. Went to the roof, but that didn't go as well at first. I dropped the task because I didn't have a place to park in the shade, it was pretty warm, and I know that isn't right. This evening I went back to it and determined the issue is that I hadn't polished it quite enough where the oxidation was heavier. That's good, it's way easier and cheaper to polish a little more off than to put it back. Best of all, no blue on the waffle pad, so it's not through the clearcoat.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Out early this sunday morning.. Saw this modified HHR chevy in the parking lot of a food store. Workmanship looked DIY to me.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

turned and installed the last sleeve for the jack shaft housing . Looks like I will be able to get away with using the steady rest in the big lathe for finish sizing the housing bores after all.  8) 

chimp koose

KB I currently have 6 containers of metalflake to choose from . It is gonna happen ! 8)  8)  8)

jaybee

Wow, Tony, that HHR is a mess! It's an interesting concept to undertake such a thing, but it would be difficult to pull off.

idrivejunk

All I got done over the weekend was oil changes for the push mower and GTP, and mowed front yard. Half and half of what is needed. Cut new cardboard for the sunroof shade in the DD also, last year's was flapping in the breeze. Had to revise my health care insurance application to report another raise. That process is sure-fire anger every time. It was mid day Saturday before I felt like moving a muscle. Crouching in and leaning over the Mustang job for a few weeks has taken it's toll and now it is time to go again.

Had a real serene outing in the 69 yesterday though. :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

I've been working in the yard this past week, as the weather finally warmed up.  Planted a 6' tree, plus clearing a lot of small trees from the sloped hill behind my house.  I've been breathing hard since Tuesday, the 10th.  Thought I was getting a case of bronchitis.  Turns out, it may be allergies, though I've never had it this bad.

An online 'friend' on another site posted this picture of his truck, after washing it two hours before.  That's pollen.  No wonder I'm having trouble breathing.  He's about 20 miles from me.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

That's what the pollen has been like here, too. The radio says the area where I live is the 2nd worst for spring pollen season allergies this year of anywhere in the country. That's a position I'd gladly give up.

Crosley.In.AZ

Yeah , we receive pollen here.  yellow in color. Covers everything from the winds that blow near non stop at this time of year

Changed oil in my F350 a few daze ago.. 13 quarts of fun.  :twisted:  I sent a sample of the oil off to Blackstone Labs for a look see.  Their base level testing fee is $35.00 now..

8)
Tony

chimp koose

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought an old Murray bicycle today for my wife for $35.00 . Original condition , it needs cleaning , lubrication of bearings, front tire is junk, altho it holds air.  Rear tire is brand new.

26 inch wheels. I was looking for 24 inch wheeled bike, with single speed.  All the ones I found with 24 inch wheels had No fenders aka beach cruiser style bikes.

I already lowered the seat an extra inch. I cut and modified the stem tube to lower the seat.  My wife has stubby legs ,  hence the reason I was looking for 24 inch wheeled bike.  She is not stable on the bike yet. It worries me a bit. Its been about 50 yrs since she was on a bicycle. She refuses to wear any helmet.

:o  
Tony

chimp koose

Still snowing . I got the one end of the jack shaft housing bored to fit the bearing . I then used a pipe center to locate off the bearing bore and turned a register at each end of the tube to dial in on the OD and to run the steady rest on . Hope to have time to bore the other end tomorrow . Then I will have to drill/tap a fill hole , drain hole , and a vent hole and make end covers to retain the bearings in the tube and to put shaft seals on .

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been informed by my wife: we are taking the bicycle to a park for her to have some open space to ride and relearn riding.

And: the old front tire developed dementia today. It will only hold air about 15 minutes now. A new tire with tube was in the works anyway.

Installed a rack on the back. One of this basic universal racks that you must install and remove 3 times to figure out mounting , shim washers, replace the included hardware...  You guys know the routine.

Its been hot here.  Low 90s..
 8)
Tony

idrivejunk

I know motorcycle enthusiasts and riders are present here. I know lane splitting is legal in California and lane filtering is legal in Utah. Why does the situation pictured occur so frequently with only inches to spare in other states? Is some lawful authority telling riders they are safest when they are within arm's reach of automobiles, and being believed? Such behavior persists in moving traffic as well. I view such as a threat, fail to understand the logic and wish someone would explain it like I am seven.
Matt