What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"Tried drawing my car without looking at it or a pic last weekend. Left off trying to get the far windshield post right. That spot has always been tough for me to draw. But I was working toward a slobbery fire breathing tire smoking wheelstanding type pic and figured I had better start with this to keep it honest. Before I cheat by doing computer stuff to it.

Nice drawing, I used to draw a lot of cars from memory too, but lately I need reference. The windshield post seem to be a problem for me too, but usually the drivers side, making it lean back and in at the same time. Passenger side usually needs more slant than we realize. No need for computer stuff, those are great, amazing pieces in their own right, but I prefer hand drawn artwork myself.

I'm looking the the GP drawing today, thinking it don't look so bad as is. Think the roof is too tall and I stopped just short of being happy with it. Sure was fun to draw my own car! I intended to tighten up the perspective and use more straightedge but ran outta day. Theres a fire breathing S10 wheelstand burnout drawing I did for a friend years ago and I was thinking maybe I could use it and bend my GP drawing with "fisheye" effect on the PC and transplant it onto that. Merging real drawings with a computer. :?  A lazy copout, perhaps.

I was just outside fiddling with the GTP and nope, not well enough yet to be standing around outdoors. Even if it does look inviting. Maybe I can fiddle with the drawing some more after chores. Keep providing art inspiration for me, I want to rekindle that hobby somehow.

Oh and the guy at the top of the last page doing a Model A burnout... yeah, he's cool!  :!:  8)
Matt

idrivejunk

I could probably make this into a Ranger...  :wink: Surely I showed this before. :roll:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Working on trailer brakes, bearings repak, seals ... Bring this ol thing back to full operation.  On the flip side the brakes look good.  Not bad for 30 yr olde trailer.

New tires have been purchased too... The newest tire that was on the trailer was 9 yrs olde.. I decided to replace all 5 of them.

The propane torch was used to chase away the small critters.. First drum removed : there was a dead baby scorpion inside.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I could probably make this into a Ranger...  :wink: Surely I showed this before. :roll:

Nice drawing. If you'd like to see some really good automotive art check out D&D Auto Art on Face Book. There are amateur and pro auto artists on there from around the world, some names you would recognize. There is both hand rendered drawings and paintings and stuff done digitally. All of it is awesome, what can be done on an iPad is phenomenal, nearly photographic,  but I still perfer  the hand rendered stuff, it has a whole different feeling for me.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"I could probably make this into a Ranger...  :wink: Surely I showed this before. :roll:

Nice drawing. If you'd like to see some really good automotive art check out D&D Auto Art on Face Book. There are amateur and pro auto artists on there from around the world, some names you would recognize. There is both hand rendered drawings and paintings and stuff done digitally. All of it is awesome, what can be done on an iPad is phenomenal, nearly photographic,  but I still perfer  the hand rendered stuff, it has a whole different feeling for me.

I don't do facebook, email, or even television. Probably wouldn't recognize any names. :shock:

Heck I haven't been outside a fifty mile box in a decade except for one funeral.trip. Its a small world, mine. :lol:
Matt

kb426

Just a small side project at O&S. The morning project went into the dumper so there was time for this. I've wanted a 6" vise for the mill for some time. I finally ordered one and set about mounting it on the mill. My previous mill had 5/8" slots in the bed. The new one is.550" That's less than 9/16" in case you're wondering. :) Nobody knows why this change was made. All the t-slot nuts don't work without modification. The new vise had line-up keys that were.700" I machined them down to .545" and cut the t and the shank of the bolts down to work on the mill bed. The old vise was listed as 4" but would only open to 3.75". I work on several 4" items so this will solve that problem. This vise has keys to mount it longitudinally also.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I got lucky and Found a 6" Kurt on Craigslist for $100.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Spent saturday doing small things around here... I was busy , but seems like very little was accomplished.

I did set out the various Christmas lights. I put a few out friday evening, finished them saturday.  Wife is happy.   Neighbor north of me a few houses had their Christmas lights installed and operating friday eve, so I viewed that as the "go ahead" to place mine out.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

We are currently under a Winter storm warning with 8-12" of snow possible in a narrow band along Lake Huron (lake effect snow) I'm a half mile from the Lake so I thought I better prepare. I went out to start the generator and snow blower. The generator stated on the third pull, can't remember the last time it ran. The blower started halfway through the first pull, it's been sitting since last Winter with a full tank. I take this as a sign we won't really get any real snow. If I were to actually need them it would have taken an hour and some tools to get them started! 😄

WZ JUNK

I worked in the yard about all day yesterday.  It was 70 degrees in the mid afternoon.  This was my second work day on the annual leaf harvest.  Tonight there is a chance that we may set a new record low for this day with a temperature of less than 19 degrees .
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Just went up to the Hospital to give some blood for my annual physical.  Kind of nice seeing my regular doctor for a change.  
Beautiful blue sky out there but it is 1 degree.  I think it is supposed to warm up today some.  I just looked it up and it is supposed to get to 35 today.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

idrivejunk

It was durn near 70 here yesterday. "Feels like" low teens now. Car door and mailbox froze shut. Black ice, left work early.

Yesterday I got bored enough to look at CL. Half dozen ads in was a free truck posted a couole hours earlier. It was a 69 GMC short wide. Rusty rockers, needs fenders and core support. Has engine and clear title. I immediately copied the link and texted to evrybody I knew nearby with a trailer. Mike passed the link to his in law and he got a free cool truck. Wow! :shock:  Story goes that a Dad got mad at a son and gave the truck away. I'd have liked to had that one.  :(
Matt

Carps

Just back from a long week of car guy activities.  Started with a classic car show Saturdayof last week.  It had been deferred a couple of times during the year due to bad weather, so on Saturday morning we had torrential rain.  A few cars turned out but quickly left the scene when they discovered how waterlogged it was.

Sunday was my club's month breakfast and afterwards we all headed to Berwick for the annual rod and custom picnic.  Yeah I have lots of photos, maybe post a few tomorrow.

Tuesday was Melbourne Cup day, which is a holiday here, yeah we get a day off for a horse race.  Anyhow the day started with a swap meet on one side of the world, a shop open day and BBQ in the middle and an afternoon cruise in car show on the opposite side of the world.  We made all 3, yeah I got photos of that too.

Friday morning we headed out with jeanette's 48 coupe loaded to the gunnels for a weekend away in new south wales.  Not a run for Corey's model A so four of us were jammed in a business coupe for 5 hours each way.  And Dolly too.

It was a great weekend but marred by a tragic accident on the drag strip.  The driver was airlifted to Melbourne for emergency treatment and remains in a pretty bad way.

The trip home was uneventful except that by the time we got here I had a nasty cold.  Posted some pics for the locals on facebook and added some words and pictures int the next issue of the Flathead Ford V8 Times.  Newsletter of the EFV8 Club for which I'm editor and social director.

So Im now back on track for a prefect score of at least one car guy even every weekend of the year.  With more than two or three events some weekends I'll blow it out of the water.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Arnold

Quote from: "phat46"We are currently under a Winter storm warning with 8-12" of snow possible in a narrow band along Lake Huron (lake effect snow) I'm a half mile from the Lake so I thought I better prepare. I went out to start the generator and snow blower. The generator stated on the third pull, can't remember the last time it ran. The blower started halfway through the first pull, it's been sitting since last Winter with a full tank. I take this as a sign we won't really get any real snow. If I were to actually need them it would have taken an hour and some tools to get them started! 😄

I'm on the West side of Georgian Bay..maybe a bit south in latitude from you.. a mile from the lake :lol: same forecast for today..Tuesday

phat46

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "phat46"We are currently under a Winter storm warning with 8-12" of snow possible in a narrow band along Lake Huron (lake effect snow) I'm a half mile from the Lake so I thought I better prepare. I went out to start the generator and snow blower. The generator stated on the third pull, can't remember the last time it ran. The blower started halfway through the first pull, it's been sitting since last Winter with a full tank. I take this as a sign we won't really get any real snow. If I were to actually need them it would have taken an hour and some tools to get them started! 😄

I'm on the West side of Georgian Bay..maybe a bit south in latitude from you.. a mile from the lake :lol: same forecast for today..Tuesday

We ended up with about 11.5" here, my brother just about 15 miles north, right on the Lake got 18". The snow blower got a workout, as did I, but things are pretty much running normal today, no stores closed, roads are good, no big problems. It does look like the 402 between Sarnia and London was still getting hammered from the lake effect stuff this morning.