Hi everyone!

Started by Beck, February 14, 2004, 12:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

Hi guys and gals. Those of you who have been here may remember me. I was a regular for about a year or so. I met several of you at shows across the midwest. It has been quite a while since I visited the sight. The email about the new address got my attention and I couldn't stay away. I have already had to throw my 2 cents in a couple times.
My current projects are a 32 3 window highboy which won't see the road this summer and a pulling garden tractor that I am finishing up on. It will see the tractor pulls this spring. Hopefully the 32 will be driving by fall.
For those of you who remember I have gotten out of the hemi stuff. It was just too much money for me. I have returned to the smallblock chevy. It is just too easy for me not to go that route. Most of you oldtimers will recall the discussions we had concerning the brakes on my 33. I fought those for months and everyone here was trying to help me out.
The question I have today; How do you get the smell of fiberglass out of the garage. My garage is attached and the smell comes into the house every time the door is opened.  I have been doing some glass work out there for the tractor hood.  I have opened the door for hours at a time, which makes if very cold this time of year in IL. I dislike letting the door open too long. I have quite a bit of paint out there and don't want it to freeze. My wife is haveing a fit, not that I blame her.
Beck

btrc

Good to see you on the board again.  I've wondered what ever happened to you.  Your problems with your brakes is what convinced me to mount my master cylinder on the firewall in my '37 Ford.  I can't help you with the fiberglass smell though, sorry.
Bob

phat46

Quote from: "Beck"Hi guys and gals. Those of you who have been here may The question I have today; How do you get the smell of fiberglass out of the garage. My garage is attached and the smell comes into the house every time the door is opened.  I have been doing some glass work out there for the tractor hood.  I have opened the door for hours at a time, which makes if very cold this time of year in IL. I dislike letting the door open too long. I have quite a bit of paint out there and don't want it to freeze. My wife is haveing a fit, not that I blame her.
Beck

Hi, good to see you back, been a while.  I don't know how to remove the fiberglas smell, but you could cover it by frying some mushrooms on the stove, when my wife does that, (I don't eat fungus) it covers ANY smell possible!  :lol:
BTW how was hunting this past season?

enjenjo

QuoteHow do you get the smell of fiberglass out of the garage

Get a skunk, put him in the garage, and make him mad. :roll:

Seriously, I used to work manufacturing Polyester resin, and the smell can be pervasive. We did make perfumed resin to cover the smell for customers who's neighbors complained. You might try Fabreeze, it takes care of many oders. A thorough cleaning of the shop will help too, the dust will hold the smell for a long time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Beck

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "Beck"Hi guys and gals. Those of you who have been here may The question I have today; How do you get the smell of fiberglass out of the garage. My garage is attached and the smell comes into the house every time the door is opened.  I have been doing some glass work out there for the tractor hood.  I have opened the door for hours at a time, which makes if very cold this time of year in IL. I dislike letting the door open too long. I have quite a bit of paint out there and don't want it to freeze. My wife is haveing a fit, not that I blame her.
Beck

Hi, good to see you back, been a while.  I don't know how to remove the fiberglas smell, but you could cover it by frying some mushrooms on the stove, when my wife does that, (I don't eat fungus) it covers ANY smell possible!  :lol:
BTW how was hunting this past season?

I was hunting for a head to mount. Opening morning there were 14 deer within 30 yards, but nothing worth mounting. I still had some meat in the freezer from last year so I wasn't interested in taking one. One of my work buddies took my spot in the CO mule deer hunt I go on. He took a nice buck, but it tested positive to chronic waisting desease. He had to discard the meat. CO was good about it and gave his permit and processing fees back. He still had to pay the rancher his fee.