Ceiling insulation ?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 28, 2022, 09:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

In these olde vehicles..    Would you use the basic tar based noise reducer or the lighter foam type stuff on a ceiling.

I have never used the heavier stuff on a ceiling.

Usually see the Dyna mat brand stuff on the TV entertainment shows.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

I used the heat/noise foam on mine with spray adhesive. No issues yet. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

I used the butyl / foil stuff to line the inside of a 70 Mach1 including roof about a decade ago, no complaints heard. Different weights (thicknesses) of that type material are available.
Matt

kb426

My choice is two fold. I'd put down the rubber mat 1st and then glue on the microcell insulation that is around 1/4" thick or slightly thinner. It has foil on both sides. It used to be marketed as Low E brand but the last time I went looking, I found nothing. I ended up buying a similar product from a seller on Amazon. I believe in both products in as many places as possible.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Has anyone tried rocsul ? Rockwool ? insulation in their car ? It is what is used in mufflers , it will NOT absorb moisture , is fireproof , Light weight and cuts , shapes , easily with an electric carving knife . There are 2 types . One for sound deadening and the other for insulation . I would think it would glue to the rubber mat . I will likely try it in my car when the time comes . I have used it in home applications , it is nice to work with , no itch .