2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

This afternoon was oil change in the Dakota. I leaked down the 5.0 I bought yesterday. 7 cylinders at 10%. 1 at 60% leakage. A high mileage engine leaking 10% is pretty good from what I've seen. One spark plug was crudded up from oil consumption. The question is why. Valves, rings or a combination of both. I could hear some air coming from both the intake and exhaust but not like a bent valve. I found mice nests under the alternator bracket so I think the vehicle had been sitting before it went to the salvage yard. 
TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Recently I posted that I had seen Mars hiding behind the moon. That was the only explanation found for what I saw at the time. Did not have my phone to take a pic with right then. But some popular events of this week provide a much more plausible theory to explain what eye witnessed that day. :idea:
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

New flowers on my mother's grave today.  This month she has been gone 48 years.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

The salvage yard was unsympathetic to my request of changing the status of the explorer engine from good to core. :) I then proceeded to remove both cylinder heads. I don't think the engine has ever been apart. It isn't sludged up. There was plenty of evidence of oil consumption but I don't see any signs of damage in the cylinder walls. I'm cautiously optimistic of having a good engine to rebuild. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Ah! Oh  :)  I used a welder today. Glory be. Broke out of sandpaper jail. Probably get caught soon though.  :lol:  Replacing a perforated lower hinge pocket piece on the 56 Chevy truck job. Mock up, one piece window conversion are next and a smooth dash filler is for after more decisions. The frequency of my mojo vibes has been knocked mighty low but this is a temporary proverbial shot in the sore  arm. Perhaps the buzzkill posts can subside. Two much younger overtime-hungry California chassis and cage builder type bodymen outgunned my 30 hour a week and it hurts... butt. A guy who hadn't been in yet this week took over sanding the last 56 fender. :arrow:

And what does this gas tank look like CK and KB is this a crossbreeding experiment? Putting a Ford in a Pontiac this time? :shock:

Ugh. I am tore up from the floor up from stressing over that job. Being nobody takes getting used to.
Matt

chimp koose

grade 8 night at school tonight . Got to explain my program to parents and their gr 8 kids . They have to pick a high school to attend for next year . Lots of interest shown , kinda feels good .

enjenjo

I thought maybe you were finally graduating.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

:lol: Ya I have been going to high school for 38 years now ! probably going to graduate in another 2 or 3 years !

Crosley.In.AZ

Started helping my brother packing , moving stuff from the house he is in.  Its a long messy story I have been in fear of for a few years now...  and here we are. He is older than me (76 yrs soon), not in good health.

He is bit of a hoarder. Has many ideas for projects of all types that seldom are finished, only partially started with purchase of supplies that sit and rot away.

I will likely take my car trailer over and load up a shat load of usable stuff he does not use or need...  Load up some trash too.  He has trouble throwing away stuff unless pressured to do so.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Talked to local Ford dealer this friday morning...  there is a several months old recall on wiper blade arms for many F series trucks... my F-350 included.  The arms can come loose, detach , stop working.

Ford still has no parts for regular replacement.  Altho: if the arms breaks, the dealer can contact the headquarters and get replacements.  Service writer used the words:  GO thru the red tape and get new arms.

My driver side arm seems looser than the passenger side arm.  I hope they do not go flying off while on the road?
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Fired up the wood pellet grill on sunday. Ground tri-tip burgers and baby back ribs.

We ate 2 burgers sunday evening , very good.  I started to marinate the ribs overnite, then I add some dry rub for a few hours before the bbq cooking.  I buy pre-formed tri-tip burgers from Walmart. Then I add seasoning and sarachi sauce, mix that all in. Then I re-form the burgers.  Couple burgers have red sarachi sauce on them, it was the end of the bottle so I just put the last bit on top. 

Also: my record is intact on the super bowl football thing, I have never watched the game.  ;D   ;D
Tony

enjenjo

I disassembled some antique lawn chairs for restoration. They date from the 1920s I have to fabricate new arm rests for one of the chairs, but fortunately the ones on the other chair are intact. I am planning on making a multi piece hammer form to make them.

I also cut the old spring perches off a Camaro rear end so I can install  new ones to install it in an old Chevy truck.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Heres a fix I did thats in paint now which I walked past today. Toyota with a ZZ6. Nomad job is back in for final sanding. Just getting started on power one piece glass conversion for the 56 truck doors today.

Matt