115mm bolt circle question

Started by purplepickup, October 15, 2009, 08:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

When I scrapped a Buick Lesabre I kept the 115mm donut spare.  Will it work as a spare for my 4.5" (114.3mm) hub trailers?  

The lug nuts probably won't seat properly in the wheel but it seems like it should should work long enough to get the trailer somewhere to fix the flat.  The center has plenty of clearance.

I'm too lazy to go out in the snowy rain to try it so I'm staying in where it's warm and asking you guys.   8)
George

enjenjo

Yes it will. but I wouldn't run it for long.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

snowy rain???

wow it's going to be over 100* here in AZ 8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Quote from: "river1"snowy rain???

wow it's going to be over 100* here in AZ 8)

later jim

:( Over 100!?!?  :shock:  I'll take the snowy/rain! Can't funtion in that kind of hot weather!  Heading to the U.P. this weekend to check things out for hunting next month, hopefully there's still some snow on the ground up there! :lol:

GPster

Quote from: "phat46"Heading to the U.P. this weekend to check things out for hunting next month, hopefully there's still some snow on the ground up there! :lol:
Don't forget to look and see what tools you'll need to get the grill/radiator off that tractor that's parked up there. GPster

purplepickup

It's sunny today so I tried the wheel on one of my trailers.  It seems to fit almost perfectly but that might be because the trailer came from Harbor Freight and the hubs might actually be metric.  Who knows.  The bigger problem is due to the offset of the (front wheel drive) wheel, it would rub on the frame. Oh well... :|
George

GPster

Could you put the wheel on with the back side out and fasten it on with regular nuts and washers? Those FWD wheels have a lot of negative offset. GPster

purplepickup

Quote from: "GPster"Could you put the wheel on with the back side out and fasten it on with regular nuts and washers? Those FWD wheels have a lot of negative offset. GPster
Joe I tried that and there are some flats embossed on the back side of the rim around the holes that lock washers fit right in.  I bagged and tied some washers to the rim and can use it that way if I need to.  

I wasn't going to post that I did that cuz it's jury rigging.  I do a lot more of that stuff than I should but I'm lucky that very few have backfired on me.  Hey, it's better than leaving the trailer on the shoulder for someone to pick over til I get back.
George