GM power steering fittings

Started by GPster, June 19, 2022, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

The power steering fittings that I used to piece together the line out of the pump broke today ang allowed the pump to empty itself all over the engine and under the hood of the Jeepster. The vibration of the four cylinder engine and the weight of the tee for the pressure sender is to much weight for the 3/8 out of the pump. Can someone reccommend a site that I can go to that shows what fittings are avaiilable so that maybe I can come up with a more substantial  fix. Or maybe I'll have to start looking at a new hose. The pump is out of a newer Sio so that I could get a pump with the tank on the pump but the hose.and steering box are from the '87 S15.Also what is the proper name for these fittings? It might make it easier to ask this question. GPster

kb426

Would it be an option to make a short hose to connect all of the fittings to remove the strain from the pump?
TEAM SMART

GPster

I have been thinking along that line and that gives me a different way to look at the situation. I also wonder if I need that pressure switch? Have to make fast fixes as there is a "Rat Rod" get together next weekend and I'd like to go with a vehicle and pretend that I belong . GPster

GPster

Well I guess this is a case of me over-thinking again. I went through my box of power steering equipment and I found a piece of 3/8"" line that the "O" ring shoulder was broken off of one end. I must have needed the fittings for something (probably this) but I had tie-wrapped the tube and the broken end together and saved it It had to be a factory piece and off of the S15 that furnished all the running gear for the Jeepster. I must have broken it while I was tearing the S15 down and saved it to get it replaced, then I replace it with something I "jury-rigged) together. So I had the machine shop duplicate and installed it just looks factory. I went out this morning just to ensure myself that that piece was fixed and I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was full of oil. Add that to the "Harbor Freight" mal function list. Jeepster