2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

At coffee this morning, I asked if anybody had anything that we could celebrate on leap day. Someone mentioned a birthday of someone that nobody was too crazy about. That ended the discussion. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on February 29, 2024, 09:20:37 AMAt coffee this morning, I asked if anybody had anything that we could celebrate on leap day. Someone mentioned a birthday of someone that nobody was too crazy about. That ended the discussion. :)

:lol: ... :arrow:

My grandma on daddy's side was born on Feb 28th, 1899.. Twins. Winnie and Linnie the  girls. My Great grandma was not married, the father was a married man. There was court action to get the fathers last  name on the twins. Then.. My great Grandma married and her husband adopted the twins... So they actually had 3 last names before they were 10 yrs old.  Great grandma's maiden name, then the father's last name , then the adopted father's last name.

Crazy stuff for early 1900s I guess?

8)

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

OK... the shackle kit came in for the RV.. New bolts, shackle plates, bushings.

These bushings are olde material. I installed "better" bushings. Time will tell if the new updated bushings are really better?

The shackle plates are double the thickness material of the OEM design. My RV already had the thick shackles on it. Now it has new ones again. I now have spares on hand... LOL

I got the new shackles installed today.. Still a bit more work to do on the RV.  I hurt my low left side of my back today. My left side back - hip  is the worse part of my back. So if I hurt something , it usually is the left side.  :arrow:  :twisted:

I have a dead battery (of 2) in the RV. They are right at 3 yrs olde.. Interstate SRM-27 battery.. RV, Marine deep cycle.  I need to decide to buy another lead acid wet battery or buy a lithium Lifepo4 (1) 100ah battery to replace the 2 wet cell batterys.  The 1 lithium will have the same power as 2 lead acid batterys and last waaay longer.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I installed a horn button on the 72 F100. That was the only thing that wasn't working to the best of my knowledge. Then I got started on yard work. I'm scalping the yard before spraying. Even though it's early calendar wise, there was green underneath the dry thatch. I found more henbit to dig up. Never ending here in weed country. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I like that Corvair but the Camaro look is still there.

I spent the afternoon replacing window switches on my Silverado. Not a big job normally, but difficult when your hands won't work. I'm going in for tests thursday.

I also replaced the starter solenoid on my zero turn. I only dropped one nut.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I extracted subframe mount bushings at 3 corners of the 02 GTP subframe, to put in the daily 99. It is spitting them out due to oil soak and getting sketchy to drive. Too much pain and danger and noise and not enough daylight to harvest that last one though. Had to do something, everything is falling apart.

No new bondo chunks fell off today though. Bad hand hurts though. The yard weed battle was forever lost to a lightning strike few year ago when on one side of yard water line was replaced then city main went at other side of yard. Once fill dirt is brought in, one must only surrender. As Dad says: "Long as its green and I can cut it."  :)
Matt

kb426

More yard work. Boy are we having fun now. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

we got a foot and a half of snow today. School has been cancelled for tomorrow . My snow blower died half way through the job . Going to get a cordless electric this time . Son works at the airport , all flights were cancelled .

58 Yeoman

It's been warm here the last two days.  I took down my 40' tv tower the other day, thanks to having it hinged on a base plate.  A guy from southern IL is coming on Wednesday to buy it for his ham radio.  I thought my wife might want to put a large flower pot on the level plate that was still in the ground, but she said she'd rather plant an evergreen there.  So, I spent yesterday digging out the base, with 3' of concrete attached to a 3" steel pipe.  I buried this thing about 10 years ago and hadn't ever planned on digging it up.

After digging down about 20" all around, I wrapped a chain around it and pulled it out with the 4 wheel drive Tacoma, which grunted more than once for the load.  Contacted the guy who is buying the tower and asked if he wanted it for his base, but he already has that planned out.  My John Deere X738 with an after-market bucket was able to lift if a few inches off the ground as long as I stayed in the seat (205#) and with 100# of wheel weights.  I took it to a ravine behind the house and dumped it over the edge.  Glad that's out of the way.

We were at Costco a week or so ago, and I saw that Mobil1 was $50 for a 5 quart jug. Passed. A couple days ago, we hit an estate sale where the guy wanted $50 for a bin with 11 quarts of Mobil1 and a lot of bottles of drygas/antifreeze.  Good deal.  I'll mix the drygas with old oil to start my brush fires.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Hello from New Zealand. Having a great time, wish you were here  :)   We saw some interesting American autos and Burt's motorcycle. I met some fun people and we saw a lot of this beautiful country  We will be back in the US in a couple of days
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

I've been outside this twenty mile radius once in the last decade or two. Not rich or important enough.

Subframe bushing efforts were a bust. Couple wasted hours on a couple priceless days.

Tunneling and humping efforts continue at work.
Matt

idrivejunk

I saw this car today up the street and boys I gotta tell ya it done my soul good. The smirk from just the sight of it then the visions of driving it in it's natural habitat is undeniable. Imagine the thrill level hammering this joker.  :D  8)  :arrow:
Matt

kb426

^^^
 Surely an interesting story.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

That tunnel looks great, Matt, and LOVE that coupe!

What trans is under that pretty tin?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)