My Buick engine.

Started by enjenjo, March 22, 2007, 08:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

It's ready to go in, doing the trans now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

That is the second set of those tapered valve covers that I have seen.  A freind of mine here is finishing up on a 63 Buick Special convert and he put those on his nailhead.  It looks good Frank.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

buickblimp

enjenjo

It still isn't in, the Buick has made it into the shop, and up on stands, but hasn't been touched in three months.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"It still isn't in, the Buick has made it into the shop, and up on stands, but hasn't been touched in three months.

gotcha beat,  my Morris Minor has sit for 8 months.

:shock:

Les'see...I bought my Model A body in 1980..Started collecting parts in '82ish...The first welds were put on the frame 4 weeks ago....I'm actually building a "period correct" car with NOS parts  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

I don't know if this is anything to brag about but I bought my '59 Vette in 1969. Stripped of paint for some extensive bodywork in 1971 and it isn't painted yet. I'm seriously thinking about next fall.

Tom

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: 39deluxeI don't know if this is anything to brag about but I bought my '59 Vette in 1969. Stripped of paint for some extensive bodywork in 1971 and it isn't painted yet. I'm seriously thinking about next fall.

Gee Tom..Just like me...Not good to "rush into" a project ,ya know  :?:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

:lol: No reason to jump right into something without taking some time to plan the attack.

Tom

DrKnowone

Quote from: "sirstude"That is the second set of those tapered valve covers that I have seen.  A freind of mine here is finishing up on a 63 Buick Special convert and he put those on his nailhead.  It looks good Frank.

Doug

I know its off topic but I have a 1963 buick special convert and want to switch to disk brakes. What I can't figure out is if their is a model of car that has similar dimension I could swap everything out with ( front rack, suspension, etc...), any suggestions? I know it would be a lot more work than a kit but I think it would be the biggest bang for my buck.