If your having login trouble

Started by Fat Cat, January 29, 2005, 02:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

you need to check out the topic in the Forum FAQ forum. It has details to fix your issues with having to relogin everytime you visit the forum even though you have checked the remember me checkbox

I have found there to be an issue with logging in with the www.streetrodtech.com address. It is redirecting to www.roddingroundtable.com on log in. I am trying to find out why and if there is something I can do about it. until then it will just redirect.

rooster

Im not having any problem loggin "in". After im logged in and go to post a message Im prompted to log in again.  I do not have the box checked for "auto log in"!

:?:  another problem is that SOMTIMES! the rrt page seems to be reloading! I get a message on the bottom of the page saying "Done, but with errors on the page", is it just me?

Crosley.In.AZ

that is what I got a couple of times , the redirect sent me to the old page that said it was unavailable...... that was like monday & tuesday if I remember.

I like the spell check... although some simple mis spells seem to get by it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

When I first came to the new board and re-registered the automatically logged in feature worked fine. Sometime this past week it quit working and though the header says I'm logged in, I have to log-out and log back in to post. I am clicking the automatic log-in box but it doesnt work right.

I see no other "helpful hint" in the FAQ.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"When I first came to the new board and re-registered the automatically logged in feature worked fine. Sometime this past week it quit working and though the header says I'm logged in, I have to log-out and log back in to post. I am clicking the automatic log-in box but it doesnt work right.

I see no other "helpful hint" in the FAQ.

Charlie

Try the cookie deleting routine. It might work. I had the same problem last week.

moparrodder

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

Try the cookie deleting routine. It might work. I had the same problem last week.

Frank, I've been having logging on . :cry:   When I put in my user name and pass word it says I used a non active user name or invalid pass word or something like that , so I hit the forgot my pass word link and it says there is a new password in my email and it will tell me how to activate it, so I checked my email and the only entry from here is the one telling that you're back on line, nothing about a new pass word.  :?  So tonight I tried logging in to check PM's and I got in that way, but wont work with the regular log in.  :?   I know I'm not the brightest star in the sky so what am I doing wrong? It's getting frustrating and I'm about ready run over this puter with my truck!!   HELP!!   We will be gone for a while tonight for firemans meeting but will check back when we gwet home later tonight.   thanks in advance!!!    Bill

Fat Cat

Quote from: "moparrodder"Frank, I've been having logging on . :cry:   When I put in my user name and pass word it says I used a non active user name or invalid pass word or something like that , so I hit the forgot my pass word link and it says there is a new password in my email and it will tell me how to activate it, so I checked my email and the only entry from here is the one telling that you're back on line, nothing about a new pass word.  :?  So tonight I tried logging in to check PM's and I got in that way, but wont work with the regular log in.  :?   I know I'm not the brightest star in the sky so what am I doing wrong? It's getting frustrating and I'm about ready run over this puter with my truck!!   HELP!!   We will be gone for a while tonight for firemans meeting but will check back when we gwet home later tonight.   thanks in advance!!!    Bill

Bill I can't say as I fully understand the problem. If you were not able to log in then you would not have been able to post this message that I am replying to. Also there is no different log in to check the PM's It is exactly the same login info to check PM's as it is to post messages. If you are having trouble with staying logged in then you need to do the cookie delete routine. Otherwise I need more info as to what the problem is as I can't see it because you are telling me you can't log in but you did to post this message. So I need more.

moparrodder

Frank,  when I try to log in I click the log in tab, type my user name and pass word and click the log in tab and it says I requested an invalid or inactive user name or invalid password.  So I start over and  I click on the log in to check pm and type the same info I can get in and it brings up the pm info then I click on the forums link at the top and can get in the message board and am logged in and can post to anypost as before and I stay logged on till I log out.  Like you said the same info gets you logged in with both log in tab so I don't understand why the log in tab don't work and the login to check your pm's does work.  At least I can get in now and post so I guess it's no big deal.  Maybe I have a gremlin in my puter that likes to  screw with my small brain. lol  I was starting to get a little frustrated cause I couldn't get in and post, but I'm back in the saddle now!!     :D      Bill

rooster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"you need to check out the topic in the Forum FAQ forum. It has details to fix your issues with having to relogin everytime you visit the forum even though you have checked the remember me checkbox

I have found there to be an issue with logging in with the www.streetrodtech.com address. It is redirecting to www.roddingroundtable.com on log in. I am trying to find out why and if there is something I can do about it. until then it will just redirect.

As you said in FAQ's I did the search of drive C. for phpbb2mysql! 2 files were found containing this line of text. Only one of the files had text containg roddingroundtable within it!

I opened the file containing rrt text to see it with ms works, its 14 pages long!

:?:  Do I delete this entire file then reload rrt page to make everything ducky again!

My only problem is that I have to log in twice to be loged in at all!