Pictures of the BUB meet at b'ville...

Started by 1FATGMC, September 14, 2006, 07:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

I've added pictures of the BUB meet (the "streamliner wars") and some more commentary on my site ( HERE ).

I took over 300 pictures at BUB and over 400 at Speed Week this year.  If there is any interest in them, plus pictures from other Speed Weeks I'll try and figure out a way to get them to people.  There are way too many and it would cost me too much to try and put all of this on my site.

Mike Akatiff also wrote up an excellent commentary of the "liner wars" and I have it on my site ( HERE ).

I don't really frequent the bike boards, so if some of you who do wouldn't mind, please put a link there to these photos (thanks Sum).

c ya,

Sum

Cword

Sum, you sure do a fine job.  Reprting, presentation, photography, everything.  Thank-you

I really like the way your truck rests in the background of this photo as well.

Mike
--

kb426

I'm interested in the rest of the pics. Can you put them on a dvd or cd?
TEAM SMART

1FATGMC

Quote from: "kb426"I'm interested in the rest of the pics. Can you put them on a dvd or cd?

Here is what I'm thinking of doing (with Fat Cat's permission).

I have over a thousand still pictures from B'ville Speed Weeks from 2001 to 2006 and then about 300+ pictures from the 2006 Bub motorcycle meet.  

I also have a CD from Bob Immler that has a couple hundred still pictures from Speed Week 2004 along with about 200 short videos that he shot in the pits, on the starting line and cars on the course.  They are short, but really nice and give you a sense of B'ville.

I also have the video from the helmet cams Jim used this year and some of which John used (spliced together) for the video he posted the other day.  There is more that we took.

Now I signed an agreement at BUB not to use pictures taken there for profit, but what I would like to do is probably offer all of the non-motorcycle (BUB pictures) mentioned above for $10 plus $2-3$ for the CD's and shipping.

If you mentioned this site when you ordered, $2 of the $10 would go to Fat Cat and RRT the remainder would be split between Hooley (to help sponsor his car), Bob Immler for his great CD, and myself to help sponsor my car.   You would be paying for all the non-bub pictures and video mentioned above and I would then include the BUB pictures free.

Fat Cat are you interested and let me see if there is any interest from the rest of you to do this??

c ya,

Sum

P.S.  If anyone else has pictures that they would like to offer that I could add to the ones above and wanted to donate them to the cause (I would credit you, but not be able to compensate you) please contact me.

Thanks, Sum

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
P.S.  If anyone else has pictures that they would like to offer that I could add to the ones above and wanted to donate them to the cause (I would credit you, but not be able to compensate you) please contact me.

Thanks, Sum
I've got a lot of pics from 02, 03, 04, and 06 that you can have.  There might be something you could use.  I think there's about 2 CD's worth if you want to sort thru them.
George

1FATGMC

Quote from: "purplepickup"

Thanks, Sum
I've got a lot of pics from 02, 03, 04, and 06 that you can have.  There might be something you could use.  I think there's about 2 CD's worth if you want to sort thru them.

Thanks George.  I'll be in touch with you,

Sum

Fat Cat

Quote from: "kb426"I'm interested in the rest of the pics. Can you put them on a dvd or cd?

Here is what I'm thinking of doing (with Fat Cat's permission).

If you mentioned this site when you ordered, $2 of the $10 would go to Fat Cat and RRT the remainder would be split between Hooley (to help sponsor his car), Bob Immler for his great CD, and myself to help sponsor my car.   You would be paying for all the non-bub pictures and video mentioned above and I would then include the BUB pictures free.

Fat Cat are you interested and let me see if there is any interest from the rest of you to do this??

c ya,

Thanks, Sum

I have no problems with that. It sounds like a plan to get support not only from the site but for Hooley as well. And might I suggest that those who contribute to the project get a copy of the disc(s) for their contributions.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I have no problems with that. It sounds like a plan to get support not only from the site but for Hooley as well. And might I suggest that those who contribute to the project get a copy of the disc(s) for their contributions.

You mean I would have to send a copy to George :cry: .  Well I suppose so if you insist :wink: .

Let me do some more work on this and then I'll post it as a separate thread.

c ya,

Sum