Chatroom and AOL

Started by Fat Cat, January 31, 2005, 11:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I have found out that if you are using AOL as your service provider you can not access the chat room from inside the AOL program. They will not allow it to work. You can access it by minimizing the AOL program and starting any installed stand alone web browser like Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera or Firefox.

Doing some research it appears that AOL created this issue about 2 years ago and the program authors do not know why or how to fix it.

So if you log in though Internet Explorer with the AOL software logged in then you will be able to get into the chat and join us.

jusjunk

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I have found out that if you are using AOL as your service provider you can not access the chat room from inside the AOL program. They will not allow it to work. You can access it by minimizing the AOL program and starting any installed stand alone web browser like Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera or Firefox.

Doing some research it appears that AOL created this issue about 2 years ago and the program authors do not know why or how to fix it.

So if you log in though Internet Explorer with the AOL software logged in then you will be able to get into the chat and join us.

Hey boss any idea why if i just stay on chat after a bit it disconnects me ? I guess I wonder why it has to refresh so much and any glitch when doing so is when is disconnects.
Dave