1948 English Ford Thames

Started by Old Coyote, November 19, 2011, 09:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Coyote

.. thought I'd better move some pictures of "Timmy", our "Bad Brit" into the proper area

He's a 1948 1/4 ct. Panel Van ... steel body, aluminum rear doors (original), and a FiberglasTrends one piece tilt nose

The engine is a 327 Chevrolet (1965), Comp 270H cam and kit, Edelbrock intake and 600 cfm carb, MSD ignition, Hedman headers, the custom injector shroud was built by Alan Shadwick in New Zealand  .... Transmission is a TurboHydro 350 with B&M clutches and 2400 stall converter and a Hurst shifter ..... the rear is a 9" Ford with 3.50:1 gears

Wheels are ET's from Team III Wheels ........ 15x12 in the rear and 15x4 in the front ....... front tires came from Michelin and the rears are from Pro-Trac

The custom chassis was built by Fatman Fabrications in Charlotte, NC ..... body work and custom fabrication was done at Richardson's Rod & Custom in Advance, NC ..... the interior was designed by my wife and stitched at Scarlett's Trim & Upholstery in Mocksville, NC ..... the color is Chevrolet Aqua Blue Metallic (2009 Colorado color)

It took 5-1/2 years to get him re-built from the ground up

I may have to grow old, but I refuse to grow up !!

hotrodbob

Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Crosley.In.AZ

yep , very nice.  Always liked the Thames
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Lucky

Couldn`t believe my eyes for the first minute!
It looks like it hasn`t been used since it was created 0_o
Adorable!! 8)

art.flame

kiwipaul

That is one cool car. Is it for the strip only ?
A Ford man that like all cars