O/T 1907 Mechanical handbook..

Started by wayne petty, December 06, 2015, 05:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

just ran across this.. i paged thru a few dozen pages.. they don't even mention cars or trucks..  but i know you guys and gals...

you will enjoy paging thru this..

http://www.blacksmiths-australia.com/1907-Mechanical%20Movements,%20Powers%20and%20Devices.pdf

knowledge is power..

so let off some steam by reading up on Steam..

read up on the pages on how to stitch a leather drive belt..

happy holidays..

wayne..

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "wayne petty"just ran across this.. i paged thru a few dozen pages.. they don't even mention cars or trucks..  but i know you guys and gals...

you will enjoy paging thru this..

http://www.blacksmiths-australia.com/1907-Mechanical%20Movements,%20Powers%20and%20Devices.pdf

knowledge is power..

so let off some steam by reading up on Steam..

read up on the pages on how to stitch a leather drive belt..

happy holidays..

wayne..

I have two similar books that I look at occasionally.   I wonder if anything under the sun is new.  It amazes me how creative people were a long time ago and I wonder if we are as creative today.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

I love to ask the "Kids" of today to explain "External Combustion" to me ... :lol:

They all get that same look ... :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I still teach how a steamer works to my grade 9 ia kids . I figure they can benefit from learning it because they then understand that pressure is what moves a piston not just an explosion.

Rrumbler

I have a few books in that same vein in my collection; they are interesting reads, and excellent reference tomes.  One is on electrical transformer theory and application; I took it to work with me when I was going through my last apprenticeship in the classroom on that subject, and it amazed the instructors how accurate the book was, even seventy years after it was published.  we can develop new ideas, applications and methods, and some today think they are plowing virgin ground; but in truth, the basics are still the same, and most of them were known by intelligent folk a long time ago; everything that is old is new again, it seems.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

I have an old ford shop metalworking book from the 20's or 30"s that shows a magnet being used to determine the proper quenching temp for drill rod .

kb426

This is good for thought. I agree with John, I wonder about the depth of creativity in our generation much less than the current group of young people.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt