2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Rain and rust under epoxy for me. 49 Merc PU job. Variety is the spice eh. Ford, Mopar, Nissan... I'll take the Ford. :blank:
Matt

idrivejunk

So I wiped off all the epoxy with thinner, wetted with evaporust soaked blue towels then threw plastic over it and split. Looked promising. Blasting didn't cut the mustard. I thought that was odd. Must need tombstone sand!
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I've posted before about a 'thing' most of us have experienced. You park out from a store, away from other cars... only to have someone pull up next to your car to park..  That happened today at Home Depot as we were getting out of the car.  But that is not the purpose of this post.

This morning my wife went to the laundry facility here at the park. We have no washer - dryer setup at the park model. Laundry area is a large room with more than 30 washers dryers. There is 2nd room with more washer - dryers. Virtually no one else was in these rooms besides my wife.

Wife is in her usual spot.  Another couple come in and dang if they did not walk directly to the same area and machines my wife was using. They piled the stuff in the aisle as my wife was removing clothes from a dryer. It was either push the laundry cart over the stuff or move the clothes. My Wife was not moving the clothes, then the husband notices what the problem was.. I guess some folks are just that slap a** stupid.

:o :o :o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Surely theres a name for this phenomenon ^^^ its the same as seen on six lane interstates when three vehicles run abreast for tens of miles with no other vehicles within half a mile. Cling-ons.

Evaporust was narrowly sufficient on the truck lid. Got r did. Patched a windshield area hole. More lacquer sealer with a drop of epoxy resin was then applied to all.
Matt

58 Yeoman

I know, it drives me nuts also.  If I went into a laundromat, I'd be about as far away as I could. Don't like crowds, especially unnecessary ones.

EDIT: My wife googled it, it's called social cohesion. Google it, it's funny that it doesn't only happen to you (us).
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Thats more like why hispanic kids are bumping into you in a checkout line, no concept of personal space. No tolerance for existence of blue eyed people. But explained in a womanly PC manner.

What I'm talking about is this, exactly. I use these tactics daily for the reasons given but never saw this article until searching for a definition besides cling-on:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32852/how-to-mentally-manipulate-your-fellow-drivers/

Thats why a supercharger and 4 wheel discs are handy in a commuter heap. Gets me distance abruptly and that breaks em off for a short time, puts them with the next charging herd. Spread out, people. It creeps me out being crowded. Why does everyone want to be so close to my car? Stop it! I find myself yelling. I want tail lights that form the words stay back.  :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Regardless of the above, the car just ascended past 297K miles. Of breaking away from the pack.  :)

Weather looks as though today will be the last opportunity for awhile, to get in any sanity preservation. I intend to do my best.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on December 30, 2021, 10:26:25 PM
I know, it drives me nuts also.  If I went into a laundromat, I'd be about as far away as I could. Don't like crowds, especially unnecessary ones.

EDIT: My wife googled it, it's called social cohesion. Google it, it's funny that it doesn't only happen to you (us).

Social cohesion ? I dont need or want it.  ;)  Wife and I have been keeping track  on this stuff for a few yrs now.

We can walk to an aisle in Home Depot... Searching out stuff we need.  No body around. Suddenly 1 to 3 ppl walk up to the same spot or with in 3 feet with their cart in the way... Saying stuff like: Opps, sorry , oh , sorry   as we are trying to get something off the shelf.

Places like Costco or similar ... the family unit will walk down the aisle spread out 5 ppl wide completely oblivious that they are blocking other ppl to travel in the same aisle.  LOL

Us humans are a goofy lot

:o  :o  :o  :o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: Crosley on December 31, 2021, 11:22:56 AM

Us humans are a goofy lot

:o  :o  :o  :o

I call it the "Hooray for me, the hell with you!" syndrome.    ...."I'm where I want to be and that's it."

No consideration or respect for others.  ....Oblivious to their surroundings in most cases, or just plain rude.

I was raised differently and I go out of my way to not be one of those people.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

idrivejunk

Dad calls it "Me first!" and claims it comes from the lunch line at school. Put a hand on the next person's shoulder and thats how far apart you're supposed to be through all of life. Feigning blind oblivity while auras intertwine and breaths mingle as clouds of togetherness that linger in the air. Just ew. Inappropriate.

I could use me a heapin helpin of that there blissful obliviousness.

Thats what I reap from the dearly beloved Grape. Burnt off a quarter tank of dinosaur bones today before the rain came. That ought to hold for a spell. 8)

Good years for all. Wait, do they still make those? Guess we'll find out together. At arm's length, of course. :)
Matt

sirstude

My son-in-law is coming over today to help me replace the egr and the heater hose from the block to the 2 connections in the van.  This is the second time for both in 5 years, they failed the same week before.  2008 Dodge grand caravan with a 3.8 v6.  Both seem to be common problems with them, the hose when they have dual heat.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Hey Tony...time to start a new thread for 2022.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil