Steering Box Ratio's

Started by Arnold, March 25, 2023, 11:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

There was a post not long ago talking about this..I couldn't re-find it.

I have a Ford Police Interceptor sedan..2016..Taurus type. Mine is a  *rated pursuit unit*, They are not all rated pursuit units. I don't know what the difference is. Need the vin go to then dealer.
Dealer says these have heavy duty suspension,heavy duty brakes. Like the regular pursuit units don't have heavy duty enough suspension and brakes?

Anyway..EPAS system..speed sensitive. This is a very reactive car. What threw me was I was doing some Jeep stuff with it (has 4x4)((awd)).

2.8.  Enough less than 3 turns lock to lock that you can see that this is no way 3 turns lock to lock.

If you like yanking the wheel real quick back and forth at speed..you don't need no fancy gold chain car :lol:

jaybee

One of my cars has EPAS, I really like it. It's become a real thing to use EPAS on hot rods as well. As for the quick ratio steering, that sounds great too. Today's cars have highly developed road manners. It really ups the game for expectations but also upgrade opportunities among hot rods.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I just bought a $300 HHR just for the EPAS. There are other things I will use off Of it but the steering was what I really wanted.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Nice, Frank. I hope you'll show us your take on how you do EPAS.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)