"Speedy Bill" Smith Museum Tour

Started by 40, January 14, 2006, 11:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unfortunately,March is often our snowiest month...but...with the way the weather has been this Winter,it may be very hot and sunny by then! As I said earlier,it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive down a pretty nice rural 2-lane state highway from here.They like to start the tours at 9AM...anyone traveling thru here to get there is more than welcome to stay over at our home if they'd prefer to come the night before....nothing fancy,just a place to lay your head and a hot shower in the morning!I think it will be fun....I hope everyone who has expressed interest can make it and also hope a few of you that are still undecided will decide to join us! As the date gets closer.....perhaps I'll start an "official sign-up" thread.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Just talked to John at Speedway and confirmed the details of our museum tour.He has another group of 35 scheduled at the same time and is looking forward to us joining them.I will start an "Official Sign-up Thread" but thought I'd post a notice here as well.Look forward to seeing everyone in about three weeks!!

kb426

The weather has caused me to not get all my tasks completed. I'm sad to report that I won't be coming. :(
TEAM SMART

Carps

Sounds like a hoot.

Bit far to travel for a BBQ, so I can only hope they're open the next time I'm passing thru town.  Last two times the museum wuz closed.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

"Bit far to travel for a BBQ".....Shouldn't be a problem for a young 17 year old :P  Hopefully,I'll remember to take my old stand by camera and snap a few photos to post here.....I still haven't gotten the hang of that damned digital thing :roll: The weather is semi-cooperating and I'm looking forward to a good time!