2024 : Tool Reviews:

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 02, 2023, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: enjenjo on March 06, 2023, 06:27:25 PMHarbor Freight sales must be down. They have been running a lot of TV ads here for the last week.

I see the HF ads all over social media.  LIkely targeted ads by my web browsing ?   I looked at some LifeP04 batteries for the RV we own.. Ads for those batteries even show on the Gas Buddy app I use on my phone.

:o  ,  :o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

I am a fool I guess.  I bought another set of ratchet  adapters.  Tekton brand this time.  :idea:

This came from Amazon.  I have 3 new sets now.  Plus the others I can not find. 

:P
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a set of small mini  screw drivers.  THose tiny screwdrivers for eye glasses and other small stuff.  THis kit came with a magnet on a handle too. Very handy. From Amazon of course
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I have the ol basic tire rope repair kits I carry in the truck , car , RV.. It can be a pain to keep the stuff together.  These rope seals have bailed me out a few times over the years, so I keep them in the vehicles

Harbor Freight to the rescue again.  Bought a medium size storage container. 8 dollars US $.. It has little rubber seal on the lid and 3 clamping snaps on it.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Few tools I bought for the tire swap on my Goldwing.  Its the ol thing:  I have a few more tire tool bars and can not find the dang things.

8)
Tony

enjenjo

I bought a NIB 6" Rotary table at the Coldwater Mi swap meet today. $160
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Budget clamp meter from Harbor Freight. I bought this a few yrs ago.  Used on my HVAC house system when I was testing amp draw at start up.  I installed a soft start system on the HVAC

This meter uses the 2032 disc battery.  3 of them.  I did not know that when I bought the meter

I had to buy some 2032 battery for the TPMS sensor on my motorcycle. It was cheaper to buy a 10 pack of the 2032 with phreee shipping than buy only 4 batterys.

I had to gently remove the 2 little tabs from the 2032 disc battery to fit this meter.  The meter works again.

;D  8)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Built this little stand from scrap wood a few weeks ago.  Holds my propane tank more secure than just sitting in the bed of the truck.

There are 2 metal strap hooks , that I slip bungee cords thru to hold the tank in place.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I found a multi-bit screwdriver I am basically happy with. 22 buck$ at Home Depot.  It is a ratcheting type driver and does lock in place solid too.

Bit wise it comes with basic phillips and blade drives, also  the ECX #1 & 2 sizes which are common on electrical outlets for yrs. 

ALso has the square drive #1 & 2 which is very common on my RV. These are the screw heads that are phillips and square drive combo. The square drive fits better in those types of screw heads for me.

There is a model that does not have the long extension included that Home Depot is suppose to carry. I gave up on Home Depot ever having that one in stock.

8)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Harbor Freight to the rescue again.  Bought this scanner 64981. $40.00 at the HF place.

It works as advertised.

Why did I buy this?

Over 1 week ago , I changed the fuel filters (2) on my F-350 diesel truck.. The filter near the tank is a cartridge design , inside a box that holds near 1/2 gallon of fuel.

You Must cycle the key 4 to 5 times to prime the fuel system Before starting the engine.  I cycled the key 3 times. LOL  The engine ran poorly for a few seconds and immediately set a trouble code for pressure problems in the fuel system.

I read online if you drive the truck for 40 to 100 miles the code will clear.  Mine code did not clear.  So... I bought the scanner.  Yeah , I poured the drained fuel from the filter back into the tank.

???  ???  ???
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this gas sniffer from Amazon.  Looking for a propane leak on the RV.. Its a small leak.  Found the leak.

8)
Tony

58 Yeoman

My first wife had an uncle who said that he would look for natural gas leaks in his house with a match.  As far as I know, he's still alive.

When we bought this house, there was a brick barbeque less than five feet away from the 500 gallon propane tank.  I demo'd the bbq, and a few years later, the propane company found a leak on the tank. Good grief.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought new pump sprayer...  Here in central AZ we enjoy weeds year round

You may notice the brand logo ...  From local Home Depot.   No parking crowds around us for a few weeks.. Altho I just jinx my self
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Just a quik FYI on gloves from Harbor Freight ..  I have used these for 3 years now.  Work well. Thicker than most.

They are a bit pricey in my opinion.. $14.00 for a box of 50 at 7 mil , blue in color.

I bought a box of 6 mil thick gloves from Amazon a few weeks ago.  I figured that 6mil thick would be good? Save a few dollars?  Obviously I was not happy since I just bought another box of HF gloves. I keep these in the RV , truck and car for what ever happens.

;)   ;)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a box of cotter pins at Harbor Freight..  Seem to be decent quality. My supply on hand had become all the smallish ones you seldom use.  THe small ones fit into this box, so I only need to carry one box with me.

6 bucks plus tax , seemed ok

8)
Tony