'33 / '34 Ford scuff plates?

Started by 47convert, February 07, 2009, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

Anyone know of a good source for these? I've checked with Drake, Carpenter and Spadaro and they all say their supplier has stopped making them.

nzsimon

make your own it isn't hard

I am making mine they are rough cut at the moment as I get on to them I will post a how to I am still working on the grill trim

Even if you can't weld you can cut them out file it all up then get someone else to weld them up

Then more filing or grinding then just get them polished then stick em on with double sided tape

I am making mine out of stainless then I will polish the whole thing

Then I plan to get the ford logo cut out of vinyl and stick the outline on then sandblast the logo and peel off the vinyl

Thats the plan anyway
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

47convert

I'd like to have the stock round top and once that's done I think it would be difficult to get the curve in them front to back to fit the body. (They aren't straight where the fit against the sill) As a last resort, I have a buddy that's a metal fabricator - I'll get him to make me some. The stock looking ones have all those cool litle dimples in them too.

zzford

Valley makes them. I bought a set in brushed stainless a few yeats back.

enjenjo

Mike, there was a guy making them near Toronto. He showed me some at the Zoo a couple years ago, very nice work. no idea on his name or contact info.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47convert

Thanx guys. The roadster / phaeton ones are different as are those for a Cabriolet. Two door sedans and coupes use the same ones. Frank, I'll try to find that guy and I'll let you know his contact info. Thanx.

enjenjo

Quote from: "47convert"Thanx guys. The roadster / phaeton ones are different as are those for a Cabriolet. Two door sedans and coupes use the same ones. Frank, I'll try to find that guy and I'll let you know his contact info. Thanx.

Paul Horton may know him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

The Paisano

There is a rubber/fiber spacers that they installed on Ford Tauris gas tanks between tank and the floor boards.They are rectangular.models from 1986 to 1995.These were the original body style
They should fit between the frame rails and body real nice and probably cover more area.The spaces were about 4 inches by about 2 inches.
Paisano
Paisano

2rods

Quote from: "The Paisano"There is a rubber/fiber spacers that they installed on Ford Tauris gas tanks between tank and the floor boards.They are rectangular.models from 1986 to 1995.These were the original body style
They should fit between the frame rails and body real nice and probably cover more area.The spaces were about 4 inches by about 2 inches.
Paisano

??

The Paisano

Quote from: "The Paisano"There is a rubber/fiber spacers that they installed on Ford Tauris gas tanks between tank and the floor boards.They are rectangular.models from 1986 to 1995.These were the original body style
Paisano

*Sorry I  posted wrong message on this post.
Paisano
Paisano