"How To Chop Tops In 301 Pictures"

Started by Bib_Overalls, April 10, 2007, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

Out of print and expensive to buy (about $100) when available on eBay or at Amazon.Com.  And I only need the Model T top chop pictures.  If one of you RRTers has the book you could really help me out.  I already have a roadster.  And I don't want to mess up and have a too.  Scans, photo copies, whatever.  More than happy to pay for any reproduction, postage, or running around expenses.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "river1"you had a space between the m and the l
later jim

Can you tell this guy works for a newspaper  :twisted:.

I think somewhere here I have Tex smith's book if that isn't the one you mentioned.  It could take a while to find it though  :cry: .

Not to be a smart a**, but I would think a "T" would be pretty straight forward since there is so little angle to any of the pillars.

c ya,

Sum

chopped

Quote from: river1you had a space between the m and the l

Related to the space between my ears. :lol:

Bib_Overalls

Actually, chopping a "T" top is significantly more complex than an "A".

The "T" gets wider as it goes up.  From the bottom of the windshield and side windows to the top it is about 1" per side.  And the window glass has this same outward slant.  Bringing the top down requires a lot of pie cutting, slitting, and filling.  And it all has to be done while maintaining straight tracks for the window glass.

Supposedly, the "Book" has pictures showing all of this.  But if I come up dry, I think we can pioneer it ourselves.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks