What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I was able to spend some time in the shop the last 2 days before the cold weather arrives again. I wasn't satisfied with the engine mounts on the 32. I ran across a thread on the v8 miata website while searching. I'm using a 70 Dodge D100 318 mount. I have more to do but I reached a stopping point for today.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

The 63 Chevy pickup left today. It will be back in the spring for a new bed floor.

Tried installing the new rear struts on Shelby's Honda, they sent the wrong ones.

I picked up another T5 build for Australia, I started on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

nzsimon

Made some exhaust block offs for temporary use to get through the cert test
Just a bit of custom wood with a small hole, needs to be less than 99 db at 4000 rpm which is nearly impossible

I have already put some restrictors made out of panel steel at the collector with 4 7mm holes in it

Only has to do it once
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Arnold

Our first real day of snow..14hrs later. Things were good last night at 8..they did say this was coming..can't get 4wd truck in the drive can barely park on the road have to hand shovel to get acces to shop door to get blower out plow truck was backed in in anticipation.
The snow pack was so such that you just stood on it..hardly sunk down at all from about 1 1/2' :lol: at the end of the drive..not even counting what the road plow left.
Not sure if plow truck blocking door to get blower out will plow it's way out and down the drive.
The snow was so sticky it was just stupid how much it just stuck to EVERYTHING
I got it cleaned up but there is good solid 4" of snow/freezing rain/ice
left on the drive that must have just flash froze. Seriously bonded to the drive..blade can't get an edge on this stuff anywere. Time for A:Salt.
B: Sit by the fire and have a smoke :lol:
Maybe convince the sweetie  to watch some festive old Charles Bronson or something  :twisted:

enjenjo

Started building a T5 today I found that the "new" bearing I was going to use on the main shaft is a used one. :shock: So now I have to wait until next week to get the new bearing, because no one local has it. And none of their DCs have it. So 5 to 7 business days.

I replaced the left window regulator on the 2002 Silverado I bought. The window went up and down really slow, so I lubed the tracks, works good now.

I drove the Escape into Toledo yesterday, on the way home it set a check engine light, and started missing again, so I took it to my Mechanic so he can fix it. :D

enjenjo

QuoteI drove the Escape into Toledo yesterday, on the way home it set a check engine light, and started missing again, so I took it to my Mechanic so he can fix it.

I got the Escape back today. It turned out I did the right thing to the wrong cylinder. It turn out number 4 cylinder is on the front left, not the back right. :shock: