2022: What are you doing today?

Started by kb426, January 01, 2022, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I'll start. I'm staying inside. It was 4 degrees this morning. I started moving furniture for the bedroom redo.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

About the same here. I think the temp dropped 15° while I snagged groceries. Thought up a comic book type storyline after breakfast and exercised the hidden wipers a bit, ready to be indoors at home for a spell now. Ah :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

I had a large Pink Panther sitting in a Santa sleigh for one of my outdoor decorations. I brought him in out of the snow that's coming/came. Read a few chapters in another paperback, then worked on a jigsaw puzzle. Fun times.  31* outside and snowing.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

going through a serious cold spell here -30C and lower for the past 2 weeks . For whatever reason it will be warmer tomorrow -6C so will be pulling a motor from a 71 torino . Weather goes back to deep freeze monday.

sirstude

Getting ready for a taco dinner for us, our kids, and our grand kids.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Furniture is out of the bedroom. Tomorrow I strip the ceiling. If you do the least favorite item 1st, the rest of the year should be down hill. :)
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Made it down the driveway for three passes before I broke the snow thrower. Spent an hour fixing it and back at it.
While I was in the garage I warmed up the shop and spent some time on the F100 project. Filled the holes with plugs and welded them up and opened the next can of worms. Looks like the person who put the doors on the truck did the B pillar work also.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave, that hurts me to look at that. I wonder what else you will find?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I'm finding all kinds of goodies during this garage clean up. Things I have not seen in 20 years. So far I have scrapped 2 tons of steel and I have several buckets of copper, aluminum, brass ready to go to another place. I rebuilt the sand blast cabinet, and the parts washer. I reorganized one overhead shelf, two more to go. And this time all the boxes are marked and stacked label out. :)
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Dave, in an old truck way that resembles the damage I just fixed on a ricer. Pushed and pulled, I did. Started by welding a bolt to the deep spot. But to make it eventually obey I slit the panel down the corner at the gap, pried everything out and laid a rod where the corner had to be then welded up the difference on jamb and face. Face first. Being how its on a corner, its not as adventurous as say patching across the bottom of a door.

I'm blocking his-n-hers butt prints out of a SuperBee trunk lid. Fortunately it looks like they adjourned to the back seat to get serious. :) Sick guy is back doing the Merc roof mud. :)

Here are some funnies for the front page-

Matt

kb426

The bedroom ceiling is striped and the nail holes are filled. The mud is drying very good because of the lack of humidity this time of year around here. I will check later this evening to see if some places need a second coat. We had to empty the closet before I could start this morning. I didn't tease my wife about how many shoes she has, yet. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just read this in an auction description for a Ferrari:
The 5.5-liter Tipo F133 V12 features quad overhead camshafts and was factory rated at 478 horsepower and 419 lb-ft of torque. A 45k-mile service totaling over $27,000 was performed by Forza Motors Inc. of Monterey, California in March 2021 and consisted of refurbishing the fuel injectors, adjusting the timing, and fluid changes as well as replacement of the following parts:

Spark plugs
Water pump
Timing belts
Accessory and drive belts
Air, fuel, and oil filters
Oxygen sensors
Pulley tensioner
Tensioner bearings
Hoses, gaskets, and O-rings
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

In the land of boring to no end, I have the ceiling textured. everything masked and the mop boards removed. Tomorrow I paint and clean up a little. Ho hum. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Figured out a work around for Home Depot and the young "Daryles" that work there.  We need a new metal storage shed at the park model trailer. The old one is larger, takes up several feet of the parking area I need for the dually & daily driver.

Storage sheds are in the "outdoor-yard" area of H-Depot. I ask the cashier about help with the purchase. He talks to 2 young Daryles about helping me. They say "we will get a cart" ... 15 minutes waiting, my wife and I walk off to gather a few more items which requires a shopping cart. As I walk outside the doors in Lumber area to grab a cart.  I find the 2 Daryles standing around chewing the cud. We find our other small  items, pay & leave.  I saw no need to ask the young fellows why they did not return to help a customer....

At a fast food spot near the H-Depot  for lunch, after arguing with my phone's lack of service ( T-Mobile junk).. I order the shed at H-Depot for pickup via the H-Depot phone app. Just over 1 hour later we return to the H-Depot and pickup the shed.  1 Daryle and the smart one I will call Darlene loaded it into my truck.

:-\
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)