2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I had my furnace and water heater replaced today. Both were at least 27 years old . went from 74% to 97% efficiency rating . The water heater was so full of rust it would not drain. Figured I might as well do this stuff now as I do not want the expense when I am on pension and a govt plan will allow me to write some of it off my taxes . One less worry .

58 Yeoman

My wife did our state and federal taxes yesterday, and is working on my deceased brothers today, after finally getting the rest of his papers in the mail.  We seem to always break even with the state, and this year the feds are actually giving us a little back.  Don't know how that happened.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

The yard art is pretty funny. I like it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

My 2013 Honda Goldwing with Airbag  has electric reverse.. It involves the starter motor for reverse power. There is a button you push for reverse... That activates a solenoid that pulls - pushes on 2 cables that move a lever to engage - dis - engage reverse.

Reverse acted up in 2023.. Not backing up, kinda skipping.

Today , between rain storms.... I warmed the bike up. Checked adjustments on the servo cables that move a spring loaded device that engages reverse.

TUrns out that the pulling cable that seemed tight , had a small amount of slack movement.  Adjusted that cable and reverse gear now works like a champ.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Looks like this all screwed down and marked for weld prep :arrow:

But firewall will be modified so that may not get welded yet, just like the pan and tub.
Matt

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

We have thunderstorms coming through, lost power about a half hour ago.  I'm running on the backup  gennie.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

did my last ever grade 8 night at the school. We show kids all the things that make our school different in the hopes that they will choose to come to our school for gr9 through 12.

sirstude

We made it back from the GNRS, great show.  What miserable weather down and back.  LOTS of rain both ways.  Snow started just south of Monida pass between Montana and Idaho going home.  Ice on the Montana side until Dillon 75 miles or so, 40mph at best. Then melting until the top of Boulder hill, 30 miles outside of Helena.  Ice and snow until home.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

idrivejunk

Thank you John.

Did some firewall hacking for the sake of engine swap and Vintage Air. On the 73 Mustang job. Made a flat CAD suggestion for that. To be finalized with engine in.

Also started cutting for right tub. Tub and rail notch kit is DSE and for a 64 1/2 - 70 but, per Gateway who has done a Coyote'd 73 and is supplying suspension... rail notching is not necessary, only outboard flange section is removed and tub is placed against side of rail. Leaves a good foot of tire width room, looks like. But again finalizing will require presence of components to be used.

Oh and fresh re-stripe for the parking lot due to unseasonable warmth.  :)  As an expression of loud joy, and as testament to the enduring validity of carbed, iron headed, pushrod flat tappet Pontiacs. TH400s and 12 bolts always were strong enough to thrive under this right foot and thats saying something.:arrow: 
Matt

enjenjo

I had some help today so we did a major shop cleanup. Moved many heavy things from one building to the other and got my Stude parts all in the same place. It was a good day.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

^^^^
I do seem to like black marks. LOL.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

That gto leaves a nice mark ! Harleys seem to mark their territory too , but it seems a bit oily .