2024 : Tool Reviews:

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 02, 2023, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Working on my RV suspension requires sitting, kneeling , crawling around.  My 70 yr old,  tired ask  body dont like it much.  :lol:

I bought these knee pads from Harbor Freight for 5 bucks.  My wife was checking them out, HF has a few style and my wife said : "get these".

As a base level of asphalt covering is that silver bubble foil covered insulation radiant barrier stuff.

These knee pads work well. I have them dirty as can be already, working on the RV suspension
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quick photo of flip sockets for lug nutz I bought at Harbor Freight. 

I have a vintage flip socket for lug nutz , but it does not fit alloy wheels if the lug nut is recessed much. Its a heavy wall flip socket. 

2 sockets and a 3 inch extension in the HF set..  $15.00 plus tax

So far the sockets work well.

I have learned the Ryobi 1/2 inch budget cordless impact I bought a year ago will not break loose the lugs on my RV or the F-350.  I guess the $99.00 holiday deal on medium power impact was only a so - so deal in real use?

8)
Tony

chimp koose

My son in law brought me a gift , a matco clip on mig gun flashlight . It has a rubber attachment that clips onto the mig gun right where it curves and allows you to aim the little flashlight right at the area around the puddle . Sorry no pictures .

Crosley.In.AZ

Piece of crap 90 degree grease coupler... LockNLube brand.  Suppose to be decent quality. Grease flows everywhere but into the zerk.

Took it apart. Did not see any way to increase holding on to the zerk.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Ah tools....  I have mis-placed a small tool I bought just months ago.  It is Not a 10mm socket. Its a multi bit screwdriver.. Really liked that screwdriver..  :twisted:

Soon I will buy another so there will be 2 of the same tool on hand, after I  find the first tool. Of course: the first  tool I bought was replaced by an updated design.

Still looking.

:lol:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I bought a Klein 32303 multi screwdriver...  I think I like this one better than the mis placed Milwaukee scroodriver  :lol:

The lost Milwaukee scroodriver  tool should appear in a day or 3 ? 

I may even find my 7/16 deep 3/8 drive socket I mis placed a year ago?

8)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Well, I found my lost multi-bit screw driver...  :lol:

How ever, I still have Not found my lost 3/8 drive socket 7/16 size.

8)

Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this cordless power grease gun a few weeks ago.  WOrks well. A bit awkward to move around under my RV to grease stuff.

Milwaukee brand, 12volt power.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I needed a cordless grass string trimmer. After looking. I bought this Harbor Freight Bauer brand unit. I then bought an adapter for Milwaukee M18 battery to the Bauer battery  since I have several Milwaukee batterys.  It was 50 dollars plus the gov taxes for the "tool only" String trimmer...

The adapter I bought on Amazon. It works. 18 dollars plus taxes.. Light duty plastic.  Will see what the long term durability of this adapter is.

This trimmer is light duty. The handle stem on it will extend or retract which is helpful for sticking it in the trunk of the car.  We have used this to trim grass on our parents graves.

If y'all look at the photos. One shows the handle extended. other photo shows the handle in the short position.
Tony