cheap hooks tip

Started by sirstude, May 17, 2007, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Here is my other tech tip for the month.  This is the cheapest one I have.  You all have wanted to hang cords, fenders, pry bars, and the like up in the shop.  We usually have a place to hang them from, but need a good hook.  I have tried tie wire, bungee cords, welding rod and the like.  I had an extra piece of 3/16 hard brake line around so I used pieces of that with a brake line bender to make up a bunch of hooks.  Some have the bends in the same plane, and some have the bends 90 degrees apart.  I have hung quite a bit of weight off these and no give at all.  $5 worth of brake lines will make quite a few hooks.

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I also use scraps of brake line to make test bends. You can make the scrap, bend it, and then hold it against the tubing you will use, to find where to start the bend.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

I forgot about the scraps to measure bends,  I have a drawer full of them, all sizes and angles.  Really helpful.

Thanks for reminding me Frank.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us