Forum Upgrade

Started by Fat Cat, May 16, 2004, 11:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I think I am going to make an upgrade to the forum software from version 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 in the near future. I will be starting the change some time next week. I will give you 24 hours notice and the forum will probably be down for about 1-2 hours. My plan is to do it sometime after 11pm eastern time.

I am going to do this in an attempt to fix a couple of the nagging issues that I haven't been able to fix and to incorporate the security fixes that the software designers have included in the most recent 2 releases.

Fat Cat

The forum is going to be down tonight 5-19 at 11:00 pm for hopefully no more than 15-20 minutes. This is unrelated to the upgrade. I am going to try to replace some messages that were accidentally deleted. If my test works I will post another message about a longer outage.

river1

Quote from: "Fat Cat"The forum is going to be down tonight 5-19 at 11:00 pm for hopefully no more than 15-20 minutes.

20 MINUTES!!!!  :shock:

how are we suppose to cope without the RRT for 20 whole minutes. i'm going to need therapy. :roll:

keep up the good work fatcat

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

old32

Quote from: "Fat Cat"The forum is going to be down tonight 5-19 at 11:00 pm for hopefully no more than 15-20 minutes.

Can't you do it at a sensible time?
Don't you realise thats in the middle of the day down here, just when I want to read all your posts?
But then I suppose, by the time I've made a coffee you will be back on line.

Keep up the good work mate.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "old32"

Can't you do it at a sensible time?
Don't you realise thats in the middle of the day down here, just when I want to read all your posts?
But then I suppose, by the time I've made a coffee you will be back on line.

Keep up the good work mate.

I can do it at a much later time but you will have to come up here and get my daughter off to school about 8 hours after the time I suggested. :wink: your choice. :wink:  :)

old32

Snow   Hell thats that cold white stuff isn't it?

We are into the start of winter and still on water restrictions, not suposed to wash the car or hose down the drive even.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hey FartCat, you messin with my "abilities" here?  :?  I can answer posts but I've tried to post a new topic twice within the last couple of days and it doesn't show up.  Whats going on??? :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I've tried to post a new topic twice within the last couple of days and it doesn't show up.  Whats going on??? :shock:

Denise, I went into your profile and then clicked on "Find all posts by HotRodLadyCrusr".  I clicked on the one that didn't show up and now it should show up.  I don't know if Fat Cat knows why some posts don't show up or not, but when that happens, it shows up if you click on it in your profile.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Wow, thats strange :?   Thanks for clicking on it for me, I can see it now.  I thought I posted it a couple of days ago then I'm second guessing myself thinking that maybe cuz I'm getting old I just thought I posted it but I really didn't, then today, when I posted it and it didn't show up I thought maybe mine and Big Sexy's little playing around with the backdoor RRT stuff when I was there for the trailer build did something to my abilities to post here.  

Well, seems there is alittle glitch but theres a way around it.  Thanks for your help.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I thought maybe mine and Big Sexy's little playing around with the backdoor RRT stuff when I was there for the trailer build did something to my abilities to post here.  

WHAT!!  :shock:  I think that was just a little to much Information!!!!  :lol:
Debb

HotRodLadyCrusr

Get your mind outta the gutter girlie, he was just showing me how some of the forum admin stuff works  :lol:  :wink:

What were YOU thinking???  :shock:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Get your mind outta the gutter girlie, he was just showing me how some of the forum admin stuff works  :lol:  :wink:

What were YOU thinking???  :shock:

LOL, yeah thats what I was thinking  :? ha ha

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"I don't know if Fat Cat knows why some posts don't show up or not, but when that happens, it shows up if you click on it in your profile.

No I don't know why it is happening. The next time someone posts a message and it does not appear. Please send me an email or a PM to let me know it didn't show. I want to look at something in the database to see what it looks like. If you use the procedure that George explained it will show right away but I won't be able to diagnose the issue. So drop me a note and let me look into it.

av8

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "purplepickup"I don't know if Fat Cat knows why some posts don't show up or not, but when that happens, it shows up if you click on it in your profile.

No I don't know why it is happening. . .  So drop me a note and let me look into it.

So, I guess my wondering why the RRT won't remember me from visit to visit is really small potatoes. It really isn't a biggie, I mean I don't have to re-register or anything like that, but it usta sign me in automatically when I called up the board. Not stressin', just wonderin'.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "av8"So, I guess my wondering why the RRT won't remember me from visit to visit is really small potatoes. It really isn't a biggie, I mean I don't have to re-register or anything like that, but it usta sign me in automatically when I called up the board. Not stressin', just wonderin'.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=153