2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: jaybee on March 06, 2024, 09:06:02 PMThat tunnel looks great, Matt, and LOVE that coupe!

What trans is under that pretty tin?

Thank you sir. M82 trans, to the best of my knowledge. 2015 GT stuff. Shifter arrangement is wierd but remarkable on it.

Tunnel was a stout task but I dig a little shaping now and then. Yesterday I reached the level of completion just prior to weld prep on the tunnel. Thank goodness because today one knee ain't wanting to work. It was a spinal challenge as well. Hacking a quarter off in the PM was a bit of relief.
Matt

kb426

That weird shifter has kept me from using that trans even though the 3650 is my favorite 5 speed. It is possible to build a shifter on top of the trans if you have room.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Its a six speed. But that was my first question: What aftermarket product is out there to get rid of the stock shifter? No response.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

The 2005 and newer 5 speed has the same remote shifter. That makes life interesting. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Both battery from the RV test bad now.  I had both battery on low rate charge for 24 hours.  Still test bad. IF I change the parameters in the tester, drop the battery rating from CCA 600 to 500.. The 1  battery tests good, the other still tests bad even when I lower the standards.  LOL

Plenty of rain in the area here...  :twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

That is an interesting shifter and bracket.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

WZ JUNK

I did visit old Burts motorcycle a couple of weeks ago at Invercargil, New Zealand.  One of my Bonneville heroes.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

The carport cover on this tin can park model has very small down spouts for rain water drain.. 3/4 inch holes, into a 1 1/4 inch square tube as shown in 1st photo. The very left tube is the down spout. The other 2 tubes are the supports of the cover.

The 3/4 inch drain holes clog easily with debris. 2 small leafs will block the hole.  4 down spouts on the cover..

On each end of the cover  I replaced the small tubes with  2x3 inch regular down spouts, which work well. The middle 2 drains are captured in the design as shown in 1st photo, so I built little filters for the inner 2 down spouts.

I used some PEX tube I had on hand from the re-plumb of this place. 3/4 inch diameter. I drilled holes in the PEX tubes.. Stuck a cotter pin in place so the PEX tube does not slip down into the square tube down spout.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Today completes 13 years in the same stall. Miles driven to get to it: 135,200.  :arrow:

Applying coatings now to structure behind roof and qtr skins on the 73 job, so those pieces can go on. Not foreseeing great problems with outer wheelhouse but haven't tried it on yet.

Over the weekend I let my PC play slideshows through pics n vids in the Monte, Camino, and Cutlass folders. Many forgotten memories were had.
Matt

kb426

Matt, that's lots of drive time. As a rough estimate, that's around 40 miles per day?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thats it exactly. You've heard me say career suicide before. 6,150 gallons of premium, 6,760 hours hating front wheel drive V6 McPherson strut ride mostly with no A/C sitting in a plastic black PONTIAC coupe, half a dozen wrecks, one wrist, and my automotive hobby. Coincidentally, theres thirteen grand left on the house. About half those job years, pay was stagnant. Now I'm so weary I can only muster 30 hours (plus ten drive time) weekly. Meh. No brand new car money but I help make cars look like brand new money. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil