Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

1950 Plymouth Suburban
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
348tripower
Baron

User's Age: (65)

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 21 2017, 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bring everybody up to date on this project here we go. I put the mouldings in to keep the glass from falling out and took a trip down the road. It is stuck in limp mode. Happy Easter morning. It started out with bogus charges on my credit card, the trans swap I did in a 1938 Chevy 350 to 700r has a no shift problem and I broke another glass in the wagon. The place that built the wiring kit for the Hemi says maybe the shifter is out of adjustment. Says it is really critical because it is feeding info back to the PCM. I haven't tried adjusting it because the hoist is tied up with the 700r trans swap to another 700r. Anyway I'm off to Biloxi on Sunday morning. Need some R and R.
UGLY OLDS
Earl

User's Age: N/A

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 21 2017, 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Don ..After all that , PLEASE be careful on your trip....
Those all sound like "New Build Glitches"...Every car has them ....Did you resolve your parking brake issue Question

Bob... Wink

***** First Member of Team Smart*****
kb426
Paladin

User's Age: (64)

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 21 2017, 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe most of us know what you're feeling. Enjoy the trip. Smile
348tripower
Baron

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2017, 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I sent all the computers in to Hot Wire Auto on Friday the 12th and they returned last Friday. I was told I had the wrong transmission control module. I bought what I was told to at the beginning of this build. Now it's not right? $125.00 for a controller and the computers shipped to me and the only change is now I have full throttle. Scan tool says it has no output for the vehicle speed. I had 29 mph before the computers went back. They had me jump pins around in the ABS module and that just kept my scanner from linking up. I returned to the original configuration and the scanner links again. It still tells me it can't find the ABS controller.
I'm getting Pi#$ed now.

kb426
Paladin

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2017, 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, Don. Most of what I do, I attempt to find a way to do it all myself so I'm only mad at me. I hope somebody at Hotwire takes it upon their selves to fix this so you can get on with it. Whenever a company flipflops on their recommendations, it destroys faith rapidly.
348tripower
Baron

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 18 2017, 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here is an update.
The upholster is working on the interior. Colors are picked and carpet selected.
Still doesn't shift. Sad
I did some more testing yesterday and checking with the new scan tool I bought for Chrysler products. I also did some online research. Being as I didn't know anything about this trans before I bought it I don't know if it shifted after it came out of the wrecked car. Seems the conductor plate and connector in these NAG1 transmissions can be a problem. I can see mph on the scanner so that leads me to believe the ABS and speed sensors are working properly. That is where the signal comes from.
I did find a transmission code for loss of transmission speed sensor signal. That comes from the conductor plate. Controls the shifting. So a new one is on the way.
This is the throw another hundred at it car up to now. Shocked

kb426
Paladin

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 18 2017, 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, I'd call that progress. Here's to hoping that you have found the problem. Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: